Discussion Custom GC controller board - interest check

Would you get a board? (can select up to 6)

• YES

Votes: 41 87.2%
  • YES

Votes: 33 70.2%
  • YES

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • YES

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • YES

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • YES

Votes: 19 40.4%

• Total voters

Josiah

"has done nothing for this community"
Portables

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
AYY LMAO I'll try, but I totally don't want to hook it up wrong and fry it before I even try it... I assume + and - for power (between R and L, or is that for rumble?) and D for data, but what voltage, and do I pull the buttons high or low to press them?
I'll send you the details over PM :)

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
I got mine wired up today, installed it into a normal controller and did some testing. Everything's solid! It works on Wii, GC, and even with my Raphnet USB adapter. Soldering to it was the easiest part, and rumble doesn't require 5v, it worked great over 3.3v.

More testing will be done throughout the next week, and I'll post some pictures of my wiring soon. In addition, the others have all received their sample boards and will be testing them soon as well.

The future is here my friends.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I got mine wired up today, installed it into a normal controller and did some testing. Everything's solid! It works on Wii, GC, and even with my Raphnet USB adapter. Soldering to it was the easiest part, and rumble doesn't require 5v, it worked great over 3.3v.

More testing will be done throughout the next week, and I'll post some pictures of my wiring soon. In addition, the others have all received their sample boards and will be testing them soon as well.

The future is here my friends.
Thanks for testing it :)
Time for "mass" production:P

Josiah

"has done nothing for this community"
Portables
I'm going to cancel the 2 boards I was going to get.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Portables
Oh heck yissssssssssss. My 4 are ordered. I better get my shit together and get some more progress done on this PiiWii....

You're doing God's work gentlemen, I salute you.

EDIT: Glad to see the replacement N64 slot available too. Idk why, but I'm super fucking excited about getting some modding done right now! hahaha

Mine came in today! Excited to test

Quick question about the six easy solder holes on the top - are these made to be identical to the holes corresponding to the 6 wires coming out of a 1st party gamecube controller? I see there are solder points for data, 3.3, ground etc, are these holes just alternatives?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Mine came in today! Excited to test

Quick question about the six easy solder holes on the top - are these made to be identical to the holes corresponding to the 6 wires coming out of a 1st party gamecube controller? I see there are solder points for data, 3.3, ground etc, are these holes just alternatives?
No, those should not be used at all. I had them to program the board. The only two that you could use are 3.3v and GND if you really need to, none of those pins is connected to the data line

They should, granted you won't be able to adjust the settings using the settings .dol. They come preflashed so they work right out of the box on Wii and GC with no console mods just like a regular controller would.

EDIT:
Read Aurelio's next post.

Last edited:
oh wow. So I could make a custom fightstick with this and have it work by default on the Wii.

nice. I might invest in this since I have a few OG controllers with snapped mobos. (luckily I have extra Silicon boards to mount buttons onto.)

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Sort of. The one available on the BitBuilt store is preflashed with the firmware version 1.0 which doesn't work properly with wii games. Yesterday I've released a firmware update that fixes that issue, but in order to flash it you need to have an homebrew enabled wii or gamecube