Controller not working

I have been working on a gboy for a while and I'm stuck I can't get the controller to work I have changed and resoldered the wires and nothing works I checked it with a multimeter and everything seems fine but I don't know whats wrong

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
You need to share pictures and as much detail otherwise we do not have much to go off of.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
The gc data on the wii via doesnt look great. Make sure you scraped off the solder mask to expose the copper otherwise it wont be a connection. youve also got solder splashes on the surrounding area which signals that there wasnt sufficient flux and the solder could be forming a short circuit

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Looks better. How are you testing it? I see you didnt have the joysticks plugged in.

I took the joysticks off to see if there was anything wrong with the other side of the board it looked fine and I had the joysticks connected when i tried it to select a game I can't get any buttons to work I used a multimeter to check the power it checked 3.37

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I'm not sure. Is it possible you have a GC controller port you can wire and test the wii with another gc controller?