Console Shells

Portables
Lol!
Real short and random question:
What does everyone do with their console cases when they're done harvesting the motherboard?

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Same as Stitches, I repurpose the plastic. Melt it down with acetone in a glass jar and it's my new batch of filler!

Actually about to use a SNES shell in an upcoming project.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I keep them until I get way too many. Then I start tossing them. They are great for frankencasing. They have screw posts, fan vents, buttons, etc. I also use them as replacement shells, because I get consoles all the time that are just nasty. I have a box that I keep "parts I might want someday" in. I throw everything I think could be remotely useful in there, and then every few months go through it and throw out the "What was I thinking" stuff. :P

Also, I use shells like that as test pieces for paint / Bondo / glue etc to make sure that whatever I'm using sticks. It's a good place to practice using those things before putting them on your project.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I keep them until I get way too many. Then I start tossing them. They are great for frankencasing. They have screw posts, fan vents, buttons, etc. I also use them as replacement shells, because I get consoles all the time that are just nasty. I have a box that I keep "parts I might want someday" in. I throw everything I think could be remotely useful in there, and then every few months go through it and throw out the "What was I thinking" stuff. :P

Also, I use shells like that as test pieces for paint / Bondo / glue etc to make sure that whatever I'm using sticks. It's a good place to practice using those things before putting them on your project.
THE BOX™ is the most important tool of any engineer.

Proxamity

Referring to lyberty5, You can use the case to frankencase. For example, you can use the vents on your portable