Question Connecting a GC+ to a GameCube?

Portables
Sorry that I’ve been asking so many questions lately. I’m just super excited that this project is actually finally coming along, and I wanna keep it that way.

My question is simple. How would I wire a GC+ to the GameCube motherboard? Would there be any further setup after to get it working?

Thanks so much guys. This forum has been helping me a lot. I’m excited that building a portable, something I never thought I could do, is finally happening.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Connect data on gc+ to the player data pin and it will act like that player. Make sure to connect power and ground as well.

If you do use a GC+ on a gamecube, you cannot use the homebrew that the wii has to calibrate it and update it when Aurelio makes updates.

Portables
If you do use a GC+ on a gamecube, you cannot use the homebrew that the wii has to calibrate it and update it when Aurelio makes updates.
Seems way easier than wiring to a controller. Will that be an issue?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
There are homebrew methods for the GameCube that allow you to run emulators and custom software like the GC+ settings app. Look up the SD Gecko card as an example. It's safe to assume that Aurelio didn't make a homebrew for a console that couldn't be homebrewed, he tends to know what he's doing.

Portables
I’m confused now. Will the GC+ be able to be used straight away with the GameCube, or is there further setup?

Noah

retired
Portables
I’m confused now. Will the GC+ be able to be used straight away with the GameCube, or is there further setup?
Yes, you will be able to use it right away as long as you wire it correctly. The homebrew app is for configuring options such as joystick deadzones. If you don't need to adjust them, you won't need to use the app.

Portables
Yes, you will be able to use it right away as long as you wire it correctly. The homebrew app is for configuring options such as joystick deadzones. If you don't need to adjust them, you won't need to use the app.
Sweet. Thanks!