Confused on where to start before trimming my wii...

First of all, sorry if this has been answered before, I know I can search the forum but I was afraid I might run into outdated info and do something wrong.

I already read the whole Definitive Wii Trimming Guide and Identified my Wii board as 4-layer. I consider myself experienced enough in soldering and electronic projects so trimming and relocating should be no problem.

However I'm not sure if my console is ready to be trimmed. All i have done to it is a softmod (priiloader and homebrew channel) and a BBLoader install. The guide doesn't mention anything besides that, but i have read some things about "PortabilizeMii" and "VGA patches" in portable systems. What is that all about? an is it necessary for the portable to work correctly?

(Sorry if this post was unnecessary, If asked to, I will remove it ASAP!)

Pablo

Portables
3 - G-Wii, Gamebii, G-Boy
PortabilizeMii was the predecessor to BBLoader, so just replace any mention of PortabilizeMii with BBL pretty much. VGA patches refers to software on the wii which allows the wii to output vga signals, you can set it up when installing bbloader as it's bundled in.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
PortabilizeMii was the predecessor to BBLoader, so just replace any mention of PortabilizeMii with BBL pretty much. VGA patches refers to software on the wii which allows the wii to output vga signals, you can set it up when installing bbloader as it's bundled in.
What he said. If you've installed HBC and BBLoader, and they work, that's all you need to do pre-trim

I guess it is ready to go then.
I'm honestly pretty scared, but if all goes alright, it should just boot!

Thanks for the info btw and sorry for the n00b post..