Conflicting G-boy Images

Portables
1 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
After our G-boy kit finally arrived, my father and I have been putting our portable together. However, once we reached "Step 13" of the G-boy tutorial, I noticed some conflicting images...

This is how the wires are soldered on "Wiring the USB-C PCB" Step 3 (1st)
1648929375899.png

But this is how they are arranged on "Wiring the RGB LED PCB & LCD Power" Step 2: (3rd)
1648929899315.png

Which is contradictory to an image on the later aforementioned step (2nd)
1648929925704.png

Notice how in one picture, the very top black wire is present, but then is missing in the latest picture (NOTE: The pictures are labeled with numbers in the order of appearance in the manual). You can tell it is missing by looking at the "tail" of the top black wire and seeing how it changes from the picture labeled "3rd."

If someone could correct me, or lead me to the right way to solder these wires, please help.

Attachments

This post should be in the general wii section … This is a thread for completed projects, not questions…

That being said… Just make sure the wires are running from pad to pad with the same labels… I think that the photos are just out of order. Nothing is hooked up incorrectly though ( in those photos)

Portables
1 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Concerning your statement about the thread placement, I realized this later and was unable to delete the thread (I apologize; I am new, and this will not occur again).

Yes, the pictures are out of order in the tutorial, but the issue is that one wire is taken out of the 3rd picture entirely (see the very top black wire in the picture labeled "1st". As someone who, outside of a tutorial, isn't a portable builder, I feel skeptical about removing an already soldered wire when the instructions haven't told me to do so.

No, dont remove it. Ground is GND is GND is Ground... you can pile them up on one or use any of the GND points scattered over the board. Its nice to use easily located ones for shortest and cleanest routing though.

here is another photo you can reference... my last gboy build

IMG_8299.JPG

I did not end up using the second ground point on that bottom edge.

The only wires you may end up desoldering are the composite video wires if you want to... gboy out of the box does not have controls for the screen board. So we usually just set up the VGA and let it be. I took the composite wires out of mine just to be cleaner... but i dont recall any need to remove other wires if they are routed and connected properly.

Portables
1 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thank you so much for your help! I think that I should be able to continue now that I know this!