Question conections

I want to make a portable Wii and I don't know where to connect the screen and buttons and power switch and all that stuff. can I have a picture to show me where to connect what, please?

ok, but I have a 6 layer board and do not understand what I have to do if I have a 6 layer board. can it be simplified because I am a newbie to this stuff

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
ok, but I have a 6 layer board and do not understand what I have to do if I have a 6 layer board. can it be simplified because I am a newbie to this stuff
For starters, 6 layer boards are not good for portables. They use twice as much power (meaning your battery life is cut in half) and generate twice as much heat (meaning you need considerably more cooling).

Secondly, no, it doesn't really get any simple than what's in the trimming guide. If that's not enough for you, read the rest of the posts on this forum and other peoples' worklogs. There is no single way to make a portable therefore this forum does not "hand-hold" people step by step throughout the portablizing process.

Clearly, you haven't spent much time reading around the forums. I suggest you do so before asking any further questions. The members and staff on this forum do not mind helping out new members, but as you can understand we get frustrated when new members ask for help without doing any research themselves. If you can't figure anything out from reading through all the guides and worklogs on this forum, I seriously suggest you reconsider if you are ready for a project like this. Building a portable is a difficult and expensive task.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I
T
'
S

R
I
G
H
T

T
H
E
R
E
upload_2020-3-3_16-30-40.png

Specsavers m8

I did but my Wii is 6 layer and I want 4 layers so I don't have to add more cooling and deal with two guides cuz like I said I am a newbie and I don't care if there is more soldering.

Portables
I did but my Wii is 6 layer and I want 4 layers so I don't have to add more cooling and deal with two guides cuz like I said I am a newbie and I don't care if there is more soldering.
Well if you did you would notice that the link Jeff send gives you information about what are 4 layers boards, then all you gotta do is put that information on eBay and buy one, it's really simple
Just buy a colored Wii and you will be fine

Heres what I did: I went to my local used games shops/pawn shops and I asked them to sell me a non-white wii with gamecube ports. They went in the back, found one that met the description and I bought it for $20. This is probably your best bet to get a cheap 4 layer quickly. Then you don't have to worry about shipping costs or the seller sending you the wrong one or it not being as described.

A good place to go for cheap Wiis are places like Goodwill. I got a 4 layer Wii with controllers and stuff for 15 dollars. Also I noticed a lot of the Wiis have games in them, usually Wii sports.

I also noticed watching the bitbuild streams helped me gain a better understanding. I dunno if it would help you but try watching some of them.