Commission - Custom console WI64?

Hello! I've been looking for a console modder to comission for a custom console.

The vague concept: Basically a trimmed Wii + trimmed N64.

Why: The Wii can run most older consoles well with emulation, however the N64 emulation is still struggling. Considering that me and my friends still play a lot of N64 games (and Wii games), I wanted something that would be easy to carry and take along with me when I go play with them, without the hassle of having to carry two consoles. It doesn't need speakers or screens or headphone slots. It's just meant to be a smaller thing to hook up to a TV and play either one we feel like playing.

What's with the name: Wii64 is already a thing, so I went to reference "When I'm 64" by The Beatles. That way it fits thematically and still sounds just like it should.

What it should look like: As a custom dual console, my original idea was to utilize the default Wii case for the console combo inside, however adapting it to the needs of the added trimmed N64 hardware within. The Wii case was chosen as an estimate considering the size of the smallest N64 and smallest Wii. Of course, if it's not possible to use the default Wii case, then no problem, as long as it achieves the goal of making it "an easy to carry dual console". It should have the Wii USB slots (to run games via external USB), and the Wii's USB slot for game modding (like running ProjectM, for example). It won't have Wii's disk drive to make it smaller, but it needs a cartridge slot for the N64 games. It also needs all controller ports (4 for the N64 and 4 for the NGC) and the NGC memory card ports.

Inner workings: Both consoles should be able to fully work when it comes to gameplay. Support for the Wiimotes via bluetooth and sensor bar, rumble for the Gamecube controllers, extra memory from the expansion pak for the N64. If necessary for a bigger trimming, the Wi-Fi capabilities can be removed.
I had the thought of having a small switch on it somewhere that changes which console to use. Turn it one way, it's the Wii. Turn it the other way, it's the N64. That would work by bringing the power to whichever console was selected. That said, the power and reset buttons should be only one for both consoles. It would turn on whichever console is selected by the switch. Both consoles could be powered by the same power cable and use the same AV cables, changing which console it's used with through the switch. It should also have something in place that stops the switch from changing if the console is already turned on (for safety).

That's basically it.

TL;DR: Trimmed Wii + Trimmed 64 with all default functions but the Wii disk drive, one power/AV cable for both and a small switch to change which to use.

If you can take this comission project as a console modder, contact me through my email: [email protected] so we can negotiate payment and talk about it. But please answer this post so that I know someone is interested and has read it.

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
First off, this is going to cost a lot of money to integrate an N64 and a Wii into one single console. Not only is the end result going to be clunky, large and have no ergonomics, but the actual investment into putting two consoles into one housing is a lot more difficult than you’re imagining. Yes, it could be done, however with VC and an MX chip and 4 wires you’re saving yourself a lot of hassle. Emulation sucks on the Wii but I have yet to have any issues for VC games on the Wii which includes N64 titles.

Not saying that this project is impossible, but it is a lot of extra work for the builder if you’re just after N64 compatibility.