Question Clicky Stick on Wii Nunchuck?

Hi, I was wondering what the best way to implement clicky sticks (the analog stick that send an input when you press them down) on a wii nunchuck is. What I know so far is that the Wii nunchuck connector has extra pins. I was thinking, if I replaced the nunchuck analouge stick with a spare switch pro controller, that I could solder a wire from that to the nunchuck connector.

I know that this is a dumb project, I know I would need to mod the Wiimote for the data to even get transmitted, I know that this is pointless, but I want to get more experience. My current experience is soldering leds to an arduino.

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts on how to do it, please tell me.

I'm new to everything under the sun regarding electronics. However; as a starting point I did some basic searching on youtube to get a good idea of the analog stick and its housing. I don't know if there is a standard stick housing but the xbox 360 stick looks very similar but has more pins. I'm unfamiliar with other sticks that have the button in them but I know the xbox 360 stick just has more pins than a nunchuck stick. You would have to make a new pcb based on the original, but one that accomodated the extra input

I know wii u and switch sticks have them and in shanks gamecube joycons video he used those, so i think those might work just as a drop in on the pcb.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hmm, might try ripping a button out of an analog stick and trying to cram it in.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
That would not work. The software side needs to support it, otherwise it's completely pointless (unless you just want it to be connected to either the C or the Z button)

I think u misunderstand. I just want the analog stick to have a clicky button. It dosent actually have to do anything, but i want the nunchuck to work fine.