Clear Ashida Portable

Hey guys I completed this fully clear Ashida build and I thought I'd share it since I really like the look of it. I used resin casted GameCube buttons and tried to keep the internals as clean as possible. The Ashida is such a fun build with all the streamline 4Layer Tech boards and the form factor makes it even more enjoyable to play!

IMG_8904.jpg

IMG_8905.jpg

Features:
Clear resin casted GameCube buttons
IPS Display
2x Samsung 21700 50E Batteries
4Layer Tech boards
T4 Stickboxes
256 GB Storage
MX Chip and Bluetooth relocated

IMG_8814.jpg
IMG_8826.jpg
IMG_8828.jpg

IMG_8916.jpg
image1.jpg

IMG_8906.jpg
IMG_8907.jpg
IMG_8908.jpg

It is very clean. I will be doing something similar but will add some color to a transarent shell. Did you have any trouble sourcing your parts from 4layer?
Two parts have been out of stock and I am unable to find alternatives as they might not be any available.

It is very clean. I will be doing something similar but will add some color to a transarent shell. Did you have any trouble sourcing your parts from 4layer?
Two parts have been out of stock and I am unable to find alternatives as they might not be any available.
I didn't have trouble at the time but parts tend to go in and out of stock. They will most likely be available soon and the Ashida requires them for the build so there aren't any alternatives.

I completed another transparent Ashida this time in yellow. This one has a lot of cool features and it was a pretty difficult build and the first time I've ever included WiFi in a portable. The yellow looks really nice in person and I'm happy with how it turned out.

Features:
Original Gamecube buttons: A, B, X, Y, Z and the triggers have mouse click buttons.
IPS Display
4Layer Tech boards
T4 Stickboxes
1 TB Storage
MX Chip, WiFi and Bluetooth relocated
Rumble motors from Wii Remotes

Pics:
IMG_9274.jpg

IMG_9278.jpg

IMG_9280.jpg

IMG_9467.jpg

IMG_9470.jpg

Attachments

Wow, That Clear Yellow Ashida is absolute perfection! I can feel your heart and soul in the work you put into the system.

On your wii trim I noticed you're using TP47. What is that for? I'm slowly making progress on mine. I don't think I've seen a reference to that tp. Is it required?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
On your wii trim I noticed you're using TP47. What is that for? I'm slowly making progress on mine. I don't think I've seen a reference to that tp. Is it required?
TP stands for Test Point. Test Points are connected to voltage lines and various data lines around a system so that quality assurance and repair work can be done easily. Each TP belongs to something, in this case TP47 is connected to the Mode line which enables yPbPr/VGA video when connected to 3.3v. Using TP47 isn't required, any Mode location can be used, but it's a more convenient spot to solder a 3.3v wire to due to its size and lack of surrounding components.

TP stands for Test Point. Test Points are connected to voltage lines and various data lines around a system so that quality assurance and repair work can be done easily. Each TP belongs to something, in this case TP47 is connected to the Mode line which enables yPbPr/VGA video when connected to 3.3v. Using TP47 isn't required, any Mode location can be used, but it's a more convenient spot to solder a 3.3v wire to due to its size and lack of surrounding components.

Thanks, yes I understood that it stood for test point. I didn't come across any reference to what you mentioned mode location to enable yPbPr/VGA unless I overlooked it or just never noticed until now.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
It's shown in the Wii Trimming Guide's Audio/Video pinouts and in the G-Boy manual. I don't blame you for not reading the G-Boy manual tho, and the Trimming Guide is a lot of colours and random info to take in the first few times you look at it. Everyone misses stuff at first

I appreciate the input. I kept reading over material here and watch ginger oz videos (one over 8hrs and another 12 hrs). Although I didn't watch both videos from beginng to end but wanted to prepare myself before deciding to build an ashida. As I mentioned my 1st portable attempt but I've done other projects but not to this extent or detail.
I figured it was time to start the work versus thinking too much about it and feeling like I had to know everything before actually starting, as if . I've learned alot and I'm sure as I'm working along I'll learn more.
My replacement iron was shit. Waiting for my new one and replacement wii to arrive. I'll update.
Thanks again.

Hey guys I completed this fully clear Ashida build and I thought I'd share it since I really like the look of it. I used resin casted GameCube buttons and tried to keep the internals as clean as possible. The Ashida is such a fun build with all the streamline 4Layer Tech boards and the form factor makes it even more enjoyable to play!

View attachment 25543

View attachment 25534

Features:
Clear resin casted GameCube buttons
IPS Display
4Layer Tech boards
T4 Stickboxes
256 GB Storage
MX Chip and Bluetooth relocated

Where did you get the clear shell from????