Guess imma just repost my old shit
bocuThumb.jpg

Also just name it the spaghetii lol
Seems fitting

Last edited by a moderator:
Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
Guys, I'm sorry to inform you, but my thumb can bend even farther. *shudders*

but i'm glad to say I've made some progress!
for instance, new name "*classic* squiffer"
weapon from splatoon 2 if you couldn't tell
upload_2018-9-28_14-26-36.jpeg

weapon I use alot, and I really like the color scheme, so probably gonna go with that name.

been making slow progress, Eagle is making more mad than jontron when phill swift used a coriander with flextape instead of just getting a pot.
but I think my regulator board is pretty much done.

pretty run of the mill board, (ignore the circles I need to get rid of them.)

nothing substantial on the case as of yet, just trying to get this down on paper (not really paper ;p), so I don't forget about it, and move to another project, and so ya people don't think this project ded.

Portables
I was thinking of a strainer, but I was trying to use the exact word that was used.

Portables
So, after like five case designs, I think this one is gonna be the final one. I'm intergrating gman's battery setup and regs into my portable. It really cleans up alot of the wires that were gonna be there.
upload_2019-3-20_17-17-25.png

upload_2019-3-20_17-18-16.png

upload_2019-3-20_17-21-33.png
I need to move one of the screw posts, I might move two of them

Attachments

Portables
So I think I'm done the case, here's the final pics, It's gonna get sent off to get printed really soon.
upload_2019-3-22_12-37-38.png

upload_2019-3-22_12-37-15.png

the things circled in red are where the speakers are going, since I couldn't find room anywhere else.

upload_2019-3-22_12-38-32.png

I'm gonna be using a regular wii power port for charging, because it looks nice. The rectangle is where the usb port is going. The three holes is for headphone Jack, vol Minus button, and vol plus button.

upload_2019-3-22_12-40-0.png

The back is made to resemble a Gameboy, and I think it resembles it enough, plus, it looks really cool imo.

Portables
IMG_5345.JPG
IMG_5344.JPG

So while my Case is being 3d printed, I've decided to work on software stuff now. I've designed icons for the stuff in pm, and 99% of them are done. It looks really good, it's just the screen is eh

upload_2019-4-3_13-56-57.png

upload_2019-4-3_13-57-13.png

Looks really good on the wii

I don't know if I'll use this zelda theme, but I'll release it after I'm done, and then whoever can use it, It's really nice.

Edit; I got the micro sdcard adapter, and it looks okay, doesn't boot wii games, but I'm pretty sure it's the wii, because it won't boot to anything that needs bluetooth for some reason, I don't want to open it up, but I might

So while my Case is being 3d printed, I've decided to work on software stuff now. I've designed icons for the stuff in pm, and 99% of them are done. It looks really good, it's just the screen is eh

View attachment 8359

View attachment 8360
Looks really good on the wii

I don't know if I'll use this zelda theme, but I'll release it after I'm done, and then whoever can use it, It's really nice.
Have you considered getting a better screen? I feel like icons that beautiful deserve some fidelity.

Portables
I've made like five revisions, I was on my fourth, then my fourth broke, and now I'm back on my third, which is technically now my fifth. I've been working on it for a bit, so hopefully it shows oof.

upload_2020-1-22_21-54-53.png

I really enjoy the N64 reference with the buttons, so I think I might actually keep them, and make the case black with the Galaxy black Filament when I eventually get the money to print a case.
upload_2020-1-22_21-56-42.png

upload_2020-1-22_21-57-36.png

I'm mostly done, I just need a bracket for the screen, joysticks, and then the U-AMP, PMS, and other thing.
I plan to use the direct drive when that comes out. I also need the USB-C board so I can measure it, because it's not on the store description when I checked, so other than that it's done owo

Portables
Howdy, I've done a lot of re-designing in the last couple of days. Here's a better Write Up.

My Wii portable dubbed "The *Classic* Squiifer" (Name still pending), This Portable has been in progress since 2018 Y i k E s. It has gone through many revisions I've lost count litterally, but here is hopefully the final Revision.

Key Features:

-Game Boy Aesthetic based off of the concept by rennerflorian who called it the "GAMEBOY 1up."
The Colors I'm not totally sure about, My main picks are Galaxy Black, White with any buttons, Baby blue with Black buttons, or some Vaporwave Color Scheme that I like.

-Approximate Thickness is about 26mm at the moment. If it does not work I will most likely either just make it thicker, or fall back onto my previous Revision (Posted Above).

-5 Inch 16:9 Screen Video through Aurelio's Direct Drive.* Video I hear is slightly better than VGA I think, Maybe not a whole step up, I don't know yet, since I don't have one yet.

-Digital Audio through Gman's U-Amp, I'm thinking of just having a Mono-speaker to fit the Gameboy aesthetic, with the pro of less wiring (like two less wires lmao)

- Will be powered using Gman's Power Management System straight from the store that's been sitting in my drawer waiting to power a wii. The Plan will be to use four 18650 batteries, which is like atleast five hours of battery life iirc.

-Gman

Pictures:
upload_2020-1-28_21-18-59.png

upload_2020-1-28_21-19-48.png

upload_2020-1-28_21-20-28.png
upload_2020-1-28_21-24-30.png

upload_2020-1-28_21-26-15.png
Notes:

This revision didn't take too long to model since I have so many assets made out already, It's mostly based on my last Rev with a lot of stuff moved around.

26mm is just enough for a little wiggle room with everything packed into this device.

The ABXY and Directional buttons are referenced from Joycons, inside and out. This means that it should feel about 1:1. The Green Circuit board ontop of the buttons is a simple button board I made that uses the same sticker domes from the joycons.

The Plus(start) button looks weird in the bottom left I think so it will also be moved.

The weird thing under the Start button is just a visual thing and shouldn't look like that when printing. I removed something at the begining of modeling this revision and it gave me that, later when working on it, I figured out how to remove it, but it messed up different stuff and so on, so I am just gonna leave it.

The Screwposts are recessed a bit, so they shouldn't stick out and scratch stuff when screwed into the case.

I'm not sure which Charging port I'm going to use. USB-C is hella nice, but costs more money than a regular Wii power port, so We'll see. I will most likely model both in, and then just 3d print it with which ever I have. I have to wait to model in the USB-C board because the one on the Bitbuilt store doesn't have their dimensions. I guess I could ask someone for them though oops.

The fan vent is based off of a Symbol from a Vocaloid music video, Props if you know which one.

The fan vent symbol looks kind of weird though so I will most likely switch it out for something that looks a tad bit better. I am missing the fan exhaust though.

I am also missing the Power button.

I hate posting just Fusion360 pictures so I'll try not to post any more updates until I've got money and bought another wii or something cool happens.

I do like the nickname DMGII, but I believe StonedEdge took it for his DMG wii portable clone, and I don't want to get those mixed up.

*I don't know if Direct Drive is the official name, but it's what it's been called in the discord.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
IMO a huge improvement over the red and white mock up. Not that I didn't like that design, but I think rounded corners add to the aesthetics and the shoulder buttons are vastly improved.

I was about to ask about that weird divot under the + button, but then I read. A decent skill set to have.

Looking forward to more updates!