Classic+ Initial Release

BocuD

Portables
Shit now i need to redesign my portable to include this as well..

Portables
:rothink: not if we design one board that has it and gc+ on it and somehow release it
good that I have already integrated a classic+.:D
Such a board with gc +, classic +, a bus switch for the wiimote and mode switch, I will definitely build in my next project

Portables
I wonder if you could use one of the New 3DS C-Sticks as IR camera control. Then you wouldn’t need three full sized joysticks on your portable xD
It would also be super cool if there was like a Wiimote+ board that could emulate basic motions like shaking with a face button.
Then you could finally play Galaxy on the go :D

You would not need a third joystick for this. You would just hook up your joystick on the right side of the portable to the Classic+ and it would use that to control the pointer on screen. You already need to hook up all your joysticks and buttons to the Classic+ for classic controller emulation. So, if you already have all that wired up, you should already be good to use this feature.

Portables
You would not need a third joystick for this. You would just hook up your joystick on the right side of the portable to the Classic+ and it would use that to control the pointer on screen. You already need to hook up all your joysticks and buttons to the Classic+ for classic controller emulation. So, if you already have all that wired up, you should already be good to use this feature.
You would need to have a third joystick if you wanted to use the left stick as a nunchuck joystick at the same time, though.

JacksonS

Portables
You would need to have a third joystick if you wanted to use the left stick as a nunchuck joystick at the same time, though.
IR camera emulation uses the right joystick to control the pointer. Classic Controller already uses the right joystick but Nunchuk does not - that is why the pointer only works in Nunchuk mode.

I’m not sure if this is a viable request, but I’d like to ask for a feature add if possible;

DK Returns and New Super Mario both have a “shake” input. Direction is irellevent, but the Wiimote needs to be shook.

Is there any way to add a Wiimote “shake” button?

NICE Jackson!! I didn't even realise you added the IR joystick feature to the classic+ as well. I'll be showing of a video soon of the awesome controller setup you've designed for me>:) Luckily for me I also have one of your classic+ boards. I look forward to test this out.

Can I still post in this forum @JacksonS and if so, where can I get a classic+ so I can reverse engineer it and maybe even upgrade it if I get any ideas. Btw I love your Wii SP 2.0, and am very interested in your PCBs so if you can remember it + have a chance can you tell me a list of parts for each PCB, and sorry about my ADHD making me talk to much, but if I didn't like your work I wouldn't even be talking to you, but as I said earlier I am absolutely fascinated in what you do and congrats on getting to MIT!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Can I still post in this forum @JacksonS and if so, where can I get a classic+ so I can reverse engineer it and maybe even upgrade it if I get any ideas. Btw I love your Wii SP 2.0, and am very interested in your PCBs so if you can remember it + have a chance can you tell me a list of parts for each PCB, and sorry about my ADHD making me talk to much, but if I didn't like your work I wouldn't even be talking to you, but as I said earlier I am absolutely fascinated in what you do and congrats on getting to MIT!
Why would you reverse engineer an open source project? lol

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Portables
(have two in production behind the scenes)
Nice job JacksonS although I have a bit of a noob* question, where does this get soldered to on the Wii motherboard? Or like does it get soldered to the Bluetooth module? Just wondering as this is the only thing that I can't figure out, as it isn't really documented on the trimming guide and whatnot :P