Worklog Chuby Lord's Gamecube Portable

Still at college for another 2.5 weeks, but figured I'd get my thread started. I'll be making a portable gamecube fitted in a 3D printed case. It will be oriented like an original gameboy (portrait, buttons below screen).

Some background:

When I was in 6th or 7th grade I saw the Gameboy SP style render of a GCP, and decided I would build one. The only problem is that I had limited electronics experience and had never soldered before in my life. Anyway, the past 6 years or so have been a learning process, and I finally feel like I can make a complete portable.

More to come soon!

Not to deter you from your vision but I'd like to let you know building a portrait portable is much tougher than landscape. My first portable and the second one I'm currently working on are both portrait and that simple fact has been one of my biggest issues.

Not to deter you from your vision but I'd like to let you know building a portrait portable is much tougher than landscape. My first portable and the second one I'm currently working on are both portrait and that simple fact has been one of my biggest issues.
Well, thanks for the input. I hope it doesn't get in the way for me too much. I guess it is just time to wait and see now.

While I have made some great progress on the portable and it is nearing completion, some life circumstances mean I wont be able to finish this summer and will have to withdraw from the contest. Good luck to those who compete!