Solved Cheese installer not working...

as the title says. one of the wads doesn't properly install. i believe its ios36. this keeps me from deactivating the use of wifi. any one know the problem?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
There seems to be a problem with Cheese installer on previously modded Wiis or something else idk. You can use Multimod manager and manually install the 3 nowifi wads and that seems to do the trick for me when I have this issue on certain Wiis.

There seems to be a problem with Cheese installer on previously modded Wiis or something else idk. You can use Multimod manager and manually install the 3 nowifi wads and that seems to do the trick for me when I have this issue on certain Wiis.
well this wii wasn't softmodded. which i did following the simple guide, if ican't figure it out ill look into multimod manager. you know if the app works with Mac?

nevermind...mutlimod manager doesn't work with mac..at all :(

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
It should come in a zip (which should extract on Windows/Mac/Linux just fine), we should probably re-host a copy somewhere on here so that we can give a link to the dol...

It should come in a zip (which should extract on Windows/Mac/Linux just fine), we should probably re-host a copy somewhere on here so that we can give a link to the dol...
i went through my mac after installing MMM which i found. still having no luck, going to push forward and see if i can get it to work.

Would like to update saying that my ios36 error is no longer the case. i couldn't get a pic of the message that popped up a few times while trying to run cheese installer, ran MMM (multi mod manager v13.4) and did a patch for ios36236 i believe it was and after that i was able to install the no wifi wads, after that i ran CI and was able to get it to work.

Oh! btw during this process i ended up getting a flipped upside down homebrew channel. googling it i was told to just uninstall and re install the channel which should do the trick

cheese

Staff member
The homebrew channel is supposed to be upside down with the cioses installed. Re-installing the homebrew channel will cause it to stop working.

The homebrew channel is supposed to be upside down with the cioses installed. Re-installing the homebrew channel will cause it to stop working.
so i can't have a normal HBC? i guess it being upside down isn't that bad.

cheese

Staff member
not with the nowifi ioses, though if you use the pack you can launch any homebrew from the postloader menu, along with any game/emulator you have.

didnt know that at first. now that i know it really doesnt make a problem at all. one last question, could i play Project M on a wii like this? (PM is a modded version of SSB Brawl for those who don't know)

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Yes, there's an excellent builder out there and you can even split the .wbfs and .wbf1 files.

BUMP i might need a little help going over this again, for some reason i can't figure out the problem I'm getting now, it says iOS36 isn't found in my usb so theres no wifi wads found. using a mac a 4gb sd card and a 32gb usb both lexar brand.

Noah

retired
Portables
When Cheese installer fails to install, you need to re-copy the WADs into their respective directories and delete the old ones as it renames some of the files. I would just recopy the COPY_TO_SD folder to your SD card and try again. If it doesn't install, try this for good measure as well: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/portablizemii-help.611/#post-7636
that doesn't do anything for me neither did the link
i went further around the link you sent and it turns out i had to install two no wifi wads instead of the wifi ones before it made the homebrew channel flip which then lead to iOS 236 to work. i don't understand this stuff at times hardwares easier to work with for me at times lol

Last edited: