Capacitor removal on Wii not shown in manual

On one of my re-reads of the manual, I noticed that the row of 5 capacitors on the Wii board are present in step 2, but are shown as removed in step 13 without any mention in the manual. What's the recommended method for removal? Just twist those suckers off?
Thanks for all the hard work put into this kit. I'm excited to get my kit soon!

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
On one of my re-reads of the manual, I noticed that the row of 5 capacitors on the Wii board are present in step 2, but are shown as removed in step 13 without any mention in the manual. What's the recommended method for removal? Just twist those suckers off?
Thanks for all the hard work put into this kit. I'm excited to get my kit soon!
Yes, I usually twist them off with a pair of pliers. You might rip the pads off if you pull up, so I usually apply a downward force and twist them and they usually just slide off.

If you lift the pads you can pull video from the capacitors near the AVE or from the vias so if you screw up it’s not a big deal. The other alternative would be to heat up one leg and slightly lift the capacitor up and then proceed to the other leg. Dont use hot air unless you want to be like ELECTROBOOM from YouTube lol. :P

I asked this question earlier as well, I just twisted them off with a little back and forth motion so I wouldnt lift any pads...I ended up having to de-solder all the left over legs though.

Portables
Just ordered a G-Boy
So to confirm guys, we do need to remove the row of capacitors?