Solved Can't get a 4 layer board to boot. This time I have everything (I think)

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Do you have a picture of your USB wiring? I doubt it's an issue with portablizemii itself, this sort of issue is just about always related to USB.

Might it be the port being trash?

In this pic it's missing the ground as I disconnected some things to do a better wiring

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Also the homebrew channel is upside down
That's normal when using noWifi IOS.

I can't tell anything about the soldering on the mainboard by that pic.. but it should be ok - even if it could be better. (I like to use an electric drill for that btw.)
For debugging you might want to short the data wires a little more.. but i think it's most likely a bad usb-drive. Did you format it with the recommended parameters? (FAT32, 32kb clusters).. Oh, and did you check the output voltage of the 5V-regulator when everything is running?

That's normal when using noWifi IOS.

I can't tell anything about the soldering on the mainboard by that pic.. but it should be ok - even if it could be better. (I like to use an electric drill for that btw.)
For debugging you might want to short the data wires a little more.. but i think it's most likely a bad usb-drive. Did you format it with the recommended parameters? (FAT32, 32kb clusters).. Oh, and did you check the output voltage of the 5V-regulator when everything is running?
Ok, luckily the HB channel thing is not my fault. What do you mean you use a drill? The drive is formatted like recommended and the 5v line seems stable

Ok it looks like doing the wiring from scratch solved the problem, thanks for all the support and I hope to see you when I show my first finished portable!