(Canceled) Short BitBuilt Documentary?

Portables
We have a project in Digital Storytelling where we have to make a short video documentary about a community. I've only been around for almost half a year, so I admittedly don't know too much about the history of portablizing, but I would love to make the video about how we got to where we are (here in this forum, making beautiful Wii and PS2 portables.)
Anybody willing to help me out with how portabalizing started and maybe a little timeline of important events?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
I mean, ShockSlayer's HLH video covered Wii portablizing pretty well. If you haven't seen that one yet then definitely give it a watch.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I mean, ShockSlayer's HLH video covered Wii portablizing pretty well. If you haven't seen that one yet then definitely give it a watch.
There was actually a LOT more that he had to cut out to not go over the time limit

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
AFAIK he cut his original video to around 1/3rd-1/4th the time. I'd be down to help, though I'm not the most up-to-date for history much before MR/BB

Portables
I know that SS had to cut his video down, but I'd have to cut the segment down where I talk about the birth of the Wii trims even shorter, so I don't need every little detail unless there's something you guys want me to add that he didn't mention.
Anybody have any idea who made the first portable? Was it Ben Heck, or somebody relatively unknown? This is the first time I've done anything like this, so I'm not sure where to look for these answers besides you guys.

Portables
Looks like Shockslayer deleted all his videos. Which is a bummer, because it would’ve been super super helpful, but I think I know enough about what it took to make Wii trims possible to cover it anyway. When I’m done with the script, I’d like to have a couple people here look at it, just in case I get something wrong. Anybody willing to do so will be credited, though it’s probably not going to need to happen for a while.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Be mindful that there's much, much, more to the story than credits pages in guides and major threads. There are lots of threads on modretro that help fill in the story, but the forums are down right now, so I can't pull them up. Here's a BitBuilt thread that has some Wii history.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
This thread (sorry 2016 gman, we hijacked your thread) also has some info from when we were trimming the wii down.

Also, if you'd like I can reach out to SS to see if he can send me the video

Noah

retired
Portables
I can fill in the gaps where needed (hopefully without bringing up too much drama lmao) and answer any questions you might have.

Portables
This thread (sorry 2016 gman, we hijacked your thread) also has some info from when we were trimming the wii down.

Also, if you'd like I can reach out to SS to see if he can send me the video
Thanks! And that would be greatly appreciated.

I can fill in the gaps where needed (hopefully without bringing up too much drama lmao) and answer any questions you might have.
Perfect. That will be super helpful.

Thank you guys so much for all the help. I seriously wouldn't be able to do this without you.