Question Can you run ctgp on portablize Mii?

Avery

I was just wondering if it was possible to run ctgp on portablize Mii because normally it asks for a disc when you want to play on the unmodded wii (also if you did enable the wifi functionality would it let you play online?)

Timo43

I was just wondering if it was possible to run ctgp on portablize Mii because normally it asks for a disc when you want to play on the unmodded wii (also if you did enable the wifi functionality would it let you play online?)
For anyone who might not know, ctgp is a mod for Mario kart wii that enables play of custom tracks offline and online. It runs off of an sd card with letterbomb. It also has an installable channel to launch from the wii system menu. As for an answer? Sorry, I’m not sure.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
I've done some research and unfortunately there currently isnt a method to run it on portables. The devs require the disc to help prevent hackers, and unfortunately a side effect of this is that we can't use any recent versions on our portables.

Timo43

I've done some research and unfortunately there currently isnt a method to run it on portables. The devs require the disc to help prevent hackers, and unfortunately a side effect of this is that we can't use any recent versions on our portables.
I think there is a way to install CT’s without ctgp but I’m not sure if it is easy to do the extra cups mod. (216 tracks total I think?) I’ll do some research and update this with what I find later.

Edit: yes, you can do this. Here are some video links. You will have to loosely follow them because they aren’t using Portablizemii but with some thinking it should be easy.

32 custom tracks of your choice (you can also change the music if you have a music pack you like):

Wiimmfi patching ISO/wbms files:

Edit 2: you can install more than 32 CT’s with “Wiimms Mario Kart Fun”
After scrolling down for a while in this link you’ll find a installation guide. Look for a install file from 2019 on the list of downloads and that should get you a ISO/Wbfs file with a bunch more CT‘s
Link: http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Wiimms_Mario_Kart:_Download_and_Install#How_To_.28English.29

Last edited:

Avery

I found a way to get ctgp (not newest version or online) to work on stuff like usb loader

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You can find a pre-compiled iso for CTGP 1.0.2, but 1.0.3 onwards requires a legit physical disk to be present. You can play single or local multi on 1.0.2, but no online play.