CAD Software?

Give this thread a read. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/3d-design-software-programs.516/

I use Solidworks, I get it for free at my school and it is a very powerful program. Check with your school, you might be able to get a powerful CAD program for free. When I was in high school, Inventor(very similar to solidworks) was the standard and is free for students.
Thanks. I could have looked a little harder to find that but oh well. The only things I get for free from my school is Office and Windows. But I looked at Inventor and it has a thing where students get 3 years free.

We only got to use Inventor as Freshman at school. However, I found out the school access code for it and now it's on my home computer. I prefer it over Solidworks.

We only got to use Inventor as Freshman at school. However, I found out the school access code for it and now it's on my home computer. I prefer it over Solidworks.
I was going to install Inventor. I got all the way to the end of the install wizard and it said that it would take up 16GB of space minimum (or atleast what I wanted to download with it), and I don't have much space left on my laptop. Our family computer is the worst, so it probably couldn't even handle the program. I might end up downloading it anyways...

I was going to install Inventor. I got all the way to the end of the install wizard and it said that it would take up 16GB of space minimum (or atleast what I wanted to download with it), and I don't have much space left on my laptop. Our family computer is the worst, so it probably couldn't even handle the program. I might end up downloading it anyways...
Bruh you probably tried to download the Autodesk family of products. Just try to get Inventor. I know it was big but not that big

I use AutoCad 2016 myself, but that's primarily due to the fact that it is the Cad program that I learned on back in my High School drafting class. I have a couple friends who tell me Solidworks is much better, but I tend to finish drawings a lot faster in AutoCad than they can in Solidworks so to each his own I guess.

I use autocad 2017, no different from any autocad just newer toolbars. You can create your own lisps (custom toolbar functions) and is very easy to use if you have any CAD/CAM experience. Autodeck lets you have a free 30 day trial and has models to play with or you can start from scratch. You can even draw everything in 2D and then bring it into the 3D template and make your shells and extrudes in there from the 2d model. I find it fairly easy to draw everything in 2D and then modify it after you have everything in the right location you need