Question C-Stick not working properly with gc+2.0

Wyalt

Hello

I recently bought the gc+2.0 board for a project ( "simple" pcb swap from the original DOL Board ), after correctly and triple-checking the continuity between the GC+2.0, my self-made board, the connections i made and the components by itself, i found myself stuck with the C-Stick detecting movement only from the Y Axis ( Tested on a switch, with an adapter, on Smash Ultimate ), I also attached the "schematic" of how i connected the analog stick, which sadly had to connect directly to the potentiometer pins since the original DOL Board lost the contacts on the through-holes.
The Y Axis was working fine and the analog stick was warking properly before removing it from a original board, and also it does not have any mechanical costraints, it moves freely.

Also i can't open the board configurator from any emulator,and so i cant verify if everything is working properly or the console may ruin something. Is any way around this?

Thanks for any help in advance

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Photos of your wiring would help if you can provide them

Wyalt

well, i tried to take a photo, but while i was trying to take it the "-" golden pad from the gc+2.0 board tore off and i cant solder to it anymore, also tried connecting the - to the common ground used by the analog sticks but nothing, flatlined.
What should i do?

the photo of the tore pad is attached below.

Attachments

Portables
1 (Aran)
Firstly, use thinner wires really helps with cable management, your solder joints are cold, you have exposed WAY too much wire at the ends for soldering to the pads.
Seriously colour coordinate your wires will help 1000x when it come to trouble shooting.
and i have no idea wtf is happening in these two circled bits, aside from short city.
InkedIMG_20210630_145158_LI.jpg

Word of advice mate and please don't take offence, but you could do with a whole lot of practice with soldering before attempting to build something as complex as a portable wii.

Wyalt

Unluckly i ended up having no suitable colored small wires, i had to use what I had , and also i'm lacking experience in soldering things this small. Btw, the project was building from zero a GC controller, not a portable Wii. The part with the big green circle is mostly the unneeded shielding of the cable and the motor cables( which i do not mount).
The smaller green circled part, as mentioned before, is the "-" pad, that tore off while taking an old photo, and by my understanding of the schematic from the GitHub i have no way to go around that to fix the problem without soldering a cable directly to a SMD capacitor
I thank you for the tips but now I have a non working board due to the pad that broken, since previously was working fine except the c stick

Portables
1 (Aran)
you should be able to wire to either of these pads, as they are connected to the ground pad that you tore. if that doesn't work id ask Aurelio on the discord
GC+2.0_scaled.png

Wyalt

Actually i've tried it , but i think that the chip is not getting power that way, i think i'll ask Aurelio then

Portables
1 (Aran)
GC+2.0_scaled.png

you could just carefully scratch off the green solder mask to expose the ground plane copper underneath and solder directly to that. Just scratch off anywhere near where i put the blue should work