Question Building my first n64p

Portables
Hi I finally got my hands on a n64 and want to make a portable, I have a few questions before I start, first of this will be my first n64p I’ve done some ps2 portables but nothing else

1- if I do the max trim do I need any custom voltage regulators ?

2- on what voltage can I operate the n64?

3- can I use my own bms for battery’s ?

Any help would be great and thanks

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Hey modio! Yesssss more N64s! To answer your first two questions, the N64 can easily run off of a 7.4V pack, although it should be able to go as low as 5V since that line feeds directly into a linear regulator. Regardless of trim, you will need a single voltage regulator to step down your voltage to 3.3V.

I'm not great with battery questions, so I'll leave that up to someone more knowledgeable.

Portables
Hey modio! Yesssss more N64s! To answer your first two questions, the N64 can easily run off of a 7.4V pack, although it should be able to go as low as 5V since that line feeds directly into a linear regulator. Regardless of trim, you will need a single voltage regulator to step down your voltage to 3.3V.

I'm not great with battery questions, so I'll leave that up to someone more knowledgeable.
Thanks for the help

Portables
a thing i learned from my last portable was that you need to mind the expansion pack, give it space, and if it's standing up, glue it down with hot glue, any touch on that thing will freeze the whole unit, my solution was just leaving enough space that it's not touching ANYthing,

Portables
a thing i learned from my last portable was that you need to mind the expansion pack, give it space, and if it's standing up, glue it down with hot glue, any touch on that thing will freeze the whole unit, my solution was just leaving enough space that it's not touching ANYthing,
Thanks for the advice man