Solved Broke the HSync pin on the AVE

Viilmo

Portables
I broke the hsync pin on the AVE. I can still wire carefully to the pin on the ave but the pad is broken. Will i still be able to use VGA with the Wii?
I tested it with composite and i got an output

Portables
Might help to post a pic of the damage, however if the pin is gone then that would mean you wouldn't be able to pull a signal from the ave. The pad is a non connected pad on the Wii so it doesn't actually go anywhere in the first place.

Viilmo

Portables
Might help to post a pic of the damage, however if the pin is gone then that would mean you wouldn't be able to pull a signal from the ave. The pad is a non connected pad on the Wii so it doesn't actually go anywhere in the first place.
There is still a piece of metal left to solder to. im gonna post a pic in a moment but what temperature do you recommend for soldering to such a pin?

You should use the thinner tip that you have. It is better if before you apply some solder to the pin so it will be easier to connect the wire; remember to use flux and a quite high temperature (I suggest 400°) so if you accidentally solder to the wrong pin it would be easier to fix the connection (using some copper strips makes the job a lot easier)