Question Brickless-Power

Saix

Since I'm dealing with power here I decided it better to ask first instead of just winging it. I'm hoping to achieve power without a brick, like Gman's Wii Micro. How should I go about this? What would I need? IIRC wii portables run off less than 2 amps, so could I just get a 12v 2 amp power supply, and relocate the transformer to the other side of the power jack? That seems horribly wrong and I feel like there's a better way to do it.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Im afraid there is no easy way to do that internally. The Custom Regulator Guide gives more info on how power is converted from high voltage AC to clean DC for your Wii, it requires many components, which all take up space. Aside from using custom regulators, Gman's setup just used a different connector so you could use a standard wall wart instead of the Wii's usual brick.

If you don't know what you are doing, you probably shouldn't mess with mains (wall power). Mains can kill you.

Saix

Im afraid there is no easy way to do that internally. The Custom Regulator Guide gives more info on how power is converted from high voltage AC to clean DC for your Wii, it requires many components, which all take up space. Aside from using custom regulators, Gman's setup just used a different connector so you could use a standard wall wart instead of the Wii's usual brick.

If you don't know what you are doing, you probably shouldn't mess with mains (wall power). Mains can kill you.
Fair enough, I think I'll settle for a wall wart