BreadBox Cube V2

Bakuku

Portables
So what is it?

Gamecube console crammed inside a custom casing with built in screen, controller, batteries, speakers and a modchip to play games of a SD card.

-But wait, there's more!
-There is?
-Yes sir.

Aside from being able to play on the go, you can play with your friends as well.
Just plug in an extra controller on the back side of the Gamecube Portable and let the multiplayer fun begin or should I say friendship enders. "Mario Kart looking at you!"
But you might think: "Isn't the build in Lcd screen a little bit smal for multiplayer?"
No worries! Just plug in an official Gamecube (N64, Snes) AV cable and you can continue the fun on a big screen with no lag or any other issue. Because all components used inside the Gamecube Portable are official Gamecube Hardware Parts.

Did I mention you can play games from an SD card? I probably did but let's mention it again. Why, because it's super convenient!
A micro SD slot with support up to 128gb can house a lot of games without ever swapping discs!

The built in 256mb memorycard let's you save all those titels without having to worry about available space.
That's 2x 2043 blocks switchable with a simple button-press.

Features:
- NTSC-U GameCube IPL 1.0
- 4.3" LCD
- Original GameCube controller layout and buttons
- Internal 256mb (2x 2043 blocks) memorycard on slot A
- Micro SD gecko for homebrew loading on slot B *added
- Wasp Fusion modchip for SD game loading
- 4 player external "with rumble support *added"
- AV-out with original Nintendo AV cable plug
- Internal speakers with switching headphone jack
- Zenloc custom regulators (1.8v CPU and GPU and 3.4v main power and "5v for fan speed option and external rumble *added")
- Fan speed switch *added
- Li-Ion 7.2v 6800mAH "2h30 - 2h45 on 99 stock melee and on and off toggle between games"
- Original Gamecube powerbrick for wall power and 7.2 Smartcharger for batteries

If interested in a personal Portable, Please feel free to contact me.

Follow me on Twitter @bakuku_mods and please check out my YouTube channel Bakuku Mods.

Greets and enjoy

IMG_20170131_0058004.jpg IMG_20170130_1016048.jpgIMG_20170131_0058156.jpg IMG_20170131_0059338.jpg IMG_20170131_0100231.jpg IMG_20170201_0131141.jpg IMG_20170201_0131281.jpg IMG_20170201_0132320.jpg IMG_20170201_0133313.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Not a fan of camo and it looks like you need to sand the paint abit. The paint atm looks like the texture would be irregular.

Besides that it looks great. And at least it isnt named like CamoCube or CombatCube.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Looks great. Love the roundness and how you were able to integrate the original shoulder buttons.
Addressing the elephant in the room: What made you decide to go with a GameCube instead of a Wii?

Bakuku

Portables
Looks great. Love the roundness and how you were able to integrate the original shoulder buttons.
Addressing the elephant in the room: What made you decide to go with a GameCube instead of a Wii?
Thanks! I never make a portable without all original buttons being used. That's just how I roll dog.

Why GC instead of Wii?
Well the customer asked for it :D .

My next portable will most likely be a Wii if I can get my hands on a 4 layer NTSC-U board. (@Shank ship me one please ;) hehehe)

Also knowing myself, that Wii Portable must have all features the unit can handle. (WiFi, 4 player gamecube support, 4 player Wiimote support, sensor bar, internet, and so on)

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Very nice! :)
Don't forget to post some sketches about it if you want to enter the GC+ contest :P

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
This looks great! I'm a big fan of the paint. Love the size and shape; looks very comfy to hold. Too bad this was a commission - it's a keeper.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
I like this, I don't recall ever seeing camo on a portable before. Keep it up!

Bakuku

Portables
This looks great! I'm a big fan of the paint. Love the size and shape; looks very comfy to hold. Too bad this was a commission - it's a keeper.
My Wii portable will use the same form and paintjob ;)

I like this, I don't recall ever seeing camo on a portable before. Keep it up!
Thank you, will do my best!

Updated first post, added solt b micro sd gecko and a fan switch for keeping the system cooler and external rumble for multiplayer on 5v with an extra regulator.

The heat had me worried... Most games run just fine but mario sunshine really made the system run hot... So it's only needed for graphic intense games like sunshine and fountain of dreams on melee.

Last edited: