Brass theme for RVLoader

Hello,
I made a theme for myself, because I wanted to show game covers bigger and in one line.
It had to fit with my portable design too.
I figured out I could share it if it may interest people.

It is only 16/9. I used this as a background.
background.png

BrassTheme.jpg

EDIT: I added a version of the theme suffixed - 1.6, based on the latest version of RVLoader main.
It also allows to choose between 1 and 2 rows of games, along with easier access to choose the color of the selection rectangle.
These values can be changed in the gamesview.lua in the script folder.
1660030402283.png

Since the background is now selectable within the RVLoader menu, you will have to add the "background.png", you can rename it as you want to the background folder in RVLoader.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello,
with the newer version of RVLoader, if you just need to change the background, you can add a png, ideally 640*480 if your screen is 4/3 and 800*480 if you got the wider screen. To the background folder in RVLoader.

If you want to change the other images, you can go in the theme/asset folder and you can change the images there.

If you want to use this theme and change the background you can go to the theme/asset folder and change the background.png.

For more advanced changes, like changing the color of the lines and rectangles/font/color, you got to dig into the LUA code.

Wrn_

Quick question: what do the "showing" options do? Do they affect the game config menu, or add icons to game covers to indicate those config settings?

Those are flags used in the script. In example: showingGameConfig will be used to know if the inputs have to be used to move in the game config(b menu on games) or to move between games.