Discussion in 'Nintendo 64' started by Booshman, Feb 1, 2018.
You can get away with sinks with no fan, but it's better to have some airflow.
I'll just make some holes then I suppose.
Some more progress:
And a test fit. To my surprise, after I took this pic, I put in everything and ran the bundles of wires out the holes at the bottom, and everything fit when I put the front on with the screen in it.
I'm a bit confused though. With my wiring I'm getting 3.55-3.59 from each cel, and if I measure between + and - on the red board I get 7.13. However when I measure at Vout on the red board I get 4.69 only.
I've also been looking at the detector switches I bought, with the intent of redirecting the data line for controller 1 when docked, and I don't think they'll work. Looking at the circuit I believe it would be the equivalent of conrtoller 1 linked to the portable when undocked, and both the portable and the breakout box connected to controller 1 simultaniously when docked. Is that correct?
I think this might be what I'm after:
Ok, I'm not a good communicator and am forever worried that I sound like I'm talking down to someone, but I've been here and this was my issue: I hadn't wired the batteries up in pairs to the correct terminals. Here's a helpful diagram on how to wire up four batteries:
OK some good news. I checked it and quadruple checked it, and i wired it up right. I took a reading from the red board, one battery in its holder at a time. The second one along from the left was giving a reading of less than two, so I added more solder to the connections there and to the ones on the red board, and now I have 7.14 at the Vout on the red board.
I still need to get my detector switches sorted, ut I can't order anything for a few days until the sellers get back from Chinese new year.
Separate names with a comma.