Board scan BOARD SCAN PS2 90006-90010

So If I assume correctly, if you remove the protective layer, you can hard solder a wire with specific voltages into those regions that demand that said voltage and it would work? ( if i scratch the board and reveal the copper layer I can solder a circuit that delivers 3.5 V to that region which demands 3.5 V to function?)

So If I assume correctly, if you remove the protective layer, you can hard solder a wire with specific voltages into those regions that demand that said voltage and it would work? ( if i scratch the board and reveal the copper layer I can solder a circuit that delivers 3.5 V to that region which demands 3.5 V to function?)
As voltages are correct, I used them as cores to identify them as voltages, however, I can't say that using the same voltage from another source would make the ps2 work. I didn't perform custom regulator tests on this board, I just mapped it for any maintenance. I do not recommend that you do this, as my intention was not to relocate regulators, if you do, do so at your own risk.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Correct. If you plan to do that, I'd first remove the stock regulator for that voltage. Otherwise it can interfere, even if it's unpowered.

I updated the voltage mapping and added mapping for some components, the mapped components would just be the ones needed for a portable ps2, but unfortunately I couldn't get this model 900xx to work with custom regulators.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
It is remarkably similar to the 79000 series I dont see why custom regs wouldn't work the same way if you connect all the voltages right

It is remarkably similar to the 79000 series I dont see why custom regs wouldn't work the same way if you connect all the voltages right
Yes Gman, they are identical, I made the schematic of the two boards and compared them, the only difference is in the "anti-static" filters of the controls and memorycard, the rest is identical. Comparing the layout of the two also with a few differences, one thing that I noticed the most different between them is the switching of voltages from 7.5V on the 900xx and 8.5V on the 7900x, with the 7900x using a MOSFET and the 900xx using a custom component that I called it LDO, this "LDO" makes the mechacon stand-by voltages tbm. Besides, I didn't find any difference so notable and even so, when connecting the regulators to the corresponding voltages, the PS2 900xx didn't give an image, it just warmed up a lot.

Portables
I was curious just picked up a working 90001 did someone happen to test if the unit will run on 2s power or lower around 5v? I haven't looked as close to it like the 79001 trim info

Portables
PS2p
Hello, I’m new here, I need help: I have PS2 9000x and finishing my portable on its base, can I use 2s battery cells? It 8,4v on full charge, would be all voltages be right?

Hello, I’m new here, I need help: I have PS2 9000x and finishing my portable on its base, can I use 2s battery cells? It 8,4v on full charge, would be all voltages be right?
Yes, you can use bms 2s, but I don't understand the rest of the question.

Portables
PS2p
Yes, you can use bms 2s, but I don't understand the rest of the question.
I mean the 5V rails use lm7805, but what about other voltages? Will all components work the same as on 7.5v? Will there be problems with overheating or instability of output voltages?

I mean the 5V rails use lm7805, but what about other voltages? Will all components work the same as on 7.5v? Will there be problems with overheating or instability of output voltages?
The other regulators work with the source voltage, 7.4V, you can see in the color mapping the voltages that feed each regulator.

anuser

Hi, to answer the question about the board working on 5v, no it doesn't without modifying the mosfet and the fuses, i learned this the hard way, i modded mine via bypassing the 7805's and tried to run it in 5v, it worked for a small amount of time hissing then died, i assume the mosfet didn't tolerated the 5v and pulled more current than it's designed, but it proves the voltage converter driver seems to be capable of running on 5V, now i have a brick, could you please provide the pinout and/or the datasheet for the mosfet on 072-42? i checked the fuses and it seems to be okay, as it was working i assume that it only burned the mosfet, i have a couple motherboards with 5v and 3.3V gate mosfets to use as donor boards, i got a 8.5v external PSU from a fat, wich i'm fairly sure will work on this board too, thanks.