Question Black plastic part

hi there is a black plastic part in the way of the OMGWTF trim. How do I remove the part that's in the way of the red line? Also if I get a ZN-45 case from polycase.com do I need to trim the Wii?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
If you are talking about the inductor, you can either desolder it or pry it off with pliers.
An untrimmed Wii will not fit in a ZN 40 or 45 case, but it will if you trim the ground plane (the gold border around the perimeter of the Wii)

Thanks , will it still work if I remove it?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Thanks , will it still work if I remove it?
That component is needed for the stock regulators to function properly, but isn't needed if you are trimming the wii and running it on custom regulators.

Sorry if this question is dumb but how do you connect the regulator board pth08080 to the Wii moterboard? And all the components? Is there some guide that you can link me to that I can follow?

Sorry about that. I was just worried about the black plastic part that was in the way of the trim.

Just wondering, I got a ZN45 case from polycase.com and I'm not quite sure on if it has to be a ZN wii laptop or can it be a handheld? Thanks

GC64

Portables
If you're asking if it works well to use as a handheld, I would say yes. I just finished a portable using one and it fits rather nice in the hands. It doesn't "have" to be anything, it's your design - that's the point of making a portable.

Thanks but will it still feel good in the hands if I spray paint it? Sorry I have a lot of noob questions.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If you spray nice even coats, yeah it'd feel fine.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Its gonna take some sanding, multiple layers of paint and lots of patience.
^ this for sure
The paint won't hide texture, it will make it more obvious. So if you want a nice smooth shell, make sure to sand it with a high grit sandpaper until it's super smooth, paint it, and keep repeating that until it's perfect. Then throw a coat of gloss over it so that the paint doesn't rub off.

The Next Guy

Sun Dried Cases
Portables
Melted in the Sun
I just put my first layer of paint on my case... it looks all sorts of messed up even though I used 500 grit sand paper. But correct me if I'm wrong @cheese, Its alright for paint to fill up TINY holes... (ya know ones left from 500 grit sandpaper)