Worklog Black G-Wii Rev 2 Worklog

Sorry you’re having troubles buddy... Is it always with the same game backup file? I had a Mario galaxy backup that would always crash no matter what wii I played it on... needed to ”re-dump” the game. I hope we can figure it out ...

• Love
Reactions: cy

cy

Portables
Sorry you’re having troubles buddy... Is it always with the same game backup file? I had a Mario galaxy backup that would always crash no matter what wii I played it on... needed to ”re-dump” the game. I hope we can figure it out ...
I never stopped to consider that, at first I doubted that could be my problem as I've run into the crashing problem I mentioned earlier with games other than MKW. But apparently this is a completely unrelated issue to the crashing I had though - I just tested the file system out on an untrimmed Wii and I ran into this same lag issue again. With this I'm going to assume it's the backup file and I'll see what happens when I replace it and try other games. I don't think I would've thought to do this if you hadn't mentioned it because I already tried this with my G-Boy and didn't run into anything of the sort. This narrows it down by A LOT and I'm assuming it's software end at this point. Thank you SO much for pointing this out to me! This has to be the biggest headache I've faced while building this unit.

Edit: Strangely replacing the file doesn't seem to have fixed it. I won't know until I test further on other games if it's just a weird thing with the game or if something's up with my RVLoader installation.

Last edited:
I never stopped to consider that, at first I doubted that could be my problem as I've run into the crashing problem I mentioned earlier with games other than MKW. But apparently this is a completely unrelated issue to the crashing I had though - I just tested the file system out on an untrimmed Wii and I ran into this same lag issue again. With this I'm going to assume it's the backup file and I'll see what happens when I replace it and try other games. I don't think I would've thought to do this if you hadn't mentioned it because I already tried this with my G-Boy and didn't run into anything of the sort. This narrows it down by A LOT and I'm assuming it's software end at this point. Thank you SO much for pointing this out to me! This has to be the biggest headache I've faced while building this unit.

Edit: Strangely replacing the file doesn't seem to have fixed it. I won't know until I test further on other games if it's just a weird thing with the game or if something's up with my RVLoader installation.
Maybe try the same USB that the G-Boy has too? Maybe a different USB could fix it? I don't know if it would help at all but I am curious about it. Maybe copy and paste the files from G-Boy to the G-Wii USB as well when you do so? Trying to think was else it could be other than what @SparkleBear mentioned. Just want to eliminate all possibilities here... So strange though this issue.

cy

Portables
Maybe try the same USB that the G-Boy has too? Maybe a different USB could fix it? I don't know if it would help at all but I am curious about it. Maybe copy and paste the files from G-Boy to the G-Wii USB as well when you do so? Trying to think was else it could be other than what @SparkleBear mentioned. Just want to eliminate all possibilities here... So strange though this issue.
Great suggestion! It hasn't happened at all when plugging my G-Boy into another Wii. So with that information we know it's either the adapter, the card, or the filesystem. The problem still happens when I remove the adapter from the G-Wii and plug it into another Wii; so I've ruled out it possibly being anything internal. I tried switching out the Micro SD to USB adapter again and that didn't fix it, meaning it has to be something on the micro SD card(or possible the card itself). It's worth mentioning that when I put MKW onto this micro SD I'm copying it directly off my G-Boy(which again, doesn't have any of these issues). At this point I'm starting to suspect it's the card itself and will try swapping it out here shortly.

cy

Portables
After testing with other micro SD cards, I've concluded it is the card. I'm going to test this micro sd card further to see if this issue exists in any other capacity or if it's just every once in a while when loading pre-rendered cutscenes. It seems harmless enough and otherwise it seems to be fully functional. Knowing it's not a problem with my wiring or the unit itself is enough for me at this point as long as it remains functional. If it becomes a bigger issue down the road, it's not hard to simply swap the card out.

Edit: For anybody curious, my micro SD card is micro center brand. Seems to work fine but has the weird issues shown in the video on the last page.

After testing with other micro SD cards, I've concluded it is the card. I'm going to test this micro sd card further to see if this issue exists in any other capacity or if it's just every once in a while when loading pre-rendered cutscenes. It seems harmless enough and otherwise it seems to be fully functional. Knowing it's not a problem with my wiring or the unit itself is enough for me at this point as long as it remains functional. If it becomes a bigger issue down the road, it's not hard to simply swap the card out.

Edit: For anybody curious, my micro SD card is micro center brand. Seems to work fine but has the weird issues shown in the video on the last page.
Wooo! That's good news man!

Reactions: cy