No emulation, real hardware
- Feb 5, 2016
Did you know BitBuilt used to hold an annual Secret Santa gift Exchange? We missed last year, but are hoping to bring back the tradition! With the holidays rapidly approaching, we've decided to keep participants in North America separate from those in Europe/Asia/etc. This should increase the likelihood that gifts arrive in time for Christmas and are cheaper to ship. If you are an international member and you sign up for the exchange, please be aware that your match may be located anywhere in the world! We will do our best to match people from the same country to keep shipping costs low for everyone but nothing is guaranteed.
If you're interested in signing up for the gift exchange, please use this form here:
Signups will close on November 28th!
Here are some general guidelines we've used in the past for the gift exchange. Read these important points before signing up!
We will be sending out the matches shortly after signups close along with more information about the exchange via PM to each of the members who sign up! We ask that all gifts are sent out by no later than December 15th to allow adequate time for arrival before Christmas!
- Do not sign up for the exchange if you will be unable to purchase/make a gift for your assigned user before the shipping deadline, mentioned at the end of this post.
- Do not sign up for the exchange if you've not been a moderately active member of the community. While post count isn't necessarily the only factor we'll base our judgement on, the staff reserves the right to remove anyone they believe won't actively participate in the exchange.
- While there is no set "budget" for the exchange, most gifts should be in the $25-$50 range, although there is no maximum value. The value of the gift that is sent is up to the discression of the users participating.
- If you are under the age of 16 and/or do not have a driver's license, be sure to make adequate preparations for how you will ship your gift, whether that is getting a ride to a post office or having a carrier pick up the package from your residence.
- If the user you are given does not have any "interests" listed in their form, try to send them something related to modding - it's a safe common interest to fall back on.
- Lastly, try and make sure that as the name suggests, your gift remains a "secret" and the user receiving it is surprised when they open the box!
Thanks and we hope you all have fun!
- The BitBuilt Staff