BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Shipyu

Hey I'm Shipyu from France !
I reached this forum after seeing Millomaker's video, a french youtuber, who made a portable Wii (it's awesome)
I've been doing Arduino beginner stuff for years and I'm starting to dive a bit deeper in the world of electronics while I'm doing weekly PS4 repairs to get some money
I hope i'll achieve my goal to make the Wii a handled device !

Hello everyone! I'm Baljoke from the Netherlands and after the occasional lurking in modding forums for years I've finally decided to tune in to one and share one of my ongoing projects.

Currently I'm working on fitting all my consoles into 1 casing. Its still a work in progress but I'm already super exited to share! :)

Hello everyone! I'm from Brazil, currently waiting to finish my electronic enginnering thesis in order to have time to dive in portable-consoles hobby

hey, I'm currently in the middle of a long Ashida build (amazing design btw), but I'm having battery issues and have come here!

Hello BitBuilt people/users .. This place is nice.. and by the way I'm Joe.. I'm mainly a Pinball and Arcade person.. but have always passion in Gaming Consoles. especially 90s era .. was always into moding .. and homebrew is like the coolest thing.. found this place via a "find" for a mod for VGA (RGB) mod/tap for PlayStation 1 .. ya know the 15khz output thing.. which I successfully did. but am having trouble using a scaler (GBS8200) .. But I'll be posting a reply there.. also I did it on a PU-22 (a mobo that's not pictured.. and has slightly different points than the others - that were posted) was wandering if when I add a reply if I should reference those areas in effort to assist anyone who may be doing the same.. wasn't hard really.. a matter of service manuals and tracing.. just thought such a thing would be helpful .. but don't want to clog things if not appropriate.. OK done .. I have an inability to be short in a lot of cases.. so sorry if I drug on.. wanted to get privileges and introduce my self appropriately .. and sort of get a grip on things here..

(Now I'm not sure if I chose the right reply option.. To the original or last post.. or is it the same regardless .. we'll see..)

- Joe

Hi folks! I've seen the occasional video of a cool portable or two, and I decided I should check this place out and learn more about it. I'm a mechanical design engineer by trade with fairly limited electronics knowledge, and I have a strong interest in controller interfaces and UX stuff.

I have been slowly preparing to work on my first project, which isn't exactly a portable / mod, but it is custom and will draw on the parts and knowledge from this site. My intent is to design and make a Gamecube-compatible controller that mimics the look and feel of the GBA SP's D-pad and face buttons, in order to create the perfect Game Boy Player controller. Down the road I hope to do some GBA modding and re-housing as well, as it is my favorite console and I have a number of ideas there. Hoping to learn a lot here and to connect with other modders / builders as I start to actually take this idea on.

Hi, I'm mushroom. I am extremely new to console moding but I absolutely love tinkering with them (just taking them apart to see the inside and then put it back together again). I am learning about electronics and think that this could be a good place to go deeper into it.

Hi im Ant, new here! Looking at making my own Gboy and excited to read through all the amazing knowledge here

Adan

Portables
time to make new consoles or smaller/portable versions of existing consoles!