BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hi all, Matt here and I met some of the BitBuilt crew at Midwest Gaming Classic 2022! Looking forward to learning more about console mods and contributing as I can. My own interest is largely 8-bit focused, especially the more obscure and commercial failure type systems from the 70s-80s (Bally, Aquarius, Interact, VideoBrain, etc...)

Her all, I’ll be asking for some help with my G-Boy Rev III fairly soon, hoping someone can help when I get around to asking!

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
Hi all, Matt here and I met some of the BitBuilt crew at Midwest Gaming Classic 2022! Looking forward to learning more about console mods and contributing as I can. My own interest is largely 8-bit focused, especially the more obscure and commercial failure type systems from the 70s-80s (Bally, Aquarius, Interact, VideoBrain, etc...)
Hey, we must have been convincing enough to get you to show up here! Jokes aside it's good to see you here and welcome!

SON4

Hi, my name is Markus and I am here because I need help with a broken Nintendo 64.

SON4

Welcome you should make a thread so you could get better help.
Thank you!
I will as soon as I can, right now I have "insufficient privileges to post threads here", because I am missing a member banner or something.
Wont take too long I guess

hello, new here just because I'm interested in it and hope to do something like whats shown here in the future when i have the ability.

Jmoney

Hello, I came to ask questions about G-Boy, thanks in advance BitBuilt community!

Beck

Portables
Hey, I'm new here! Just built my first portable Nintendo 64 (featured in my profile picture) and figured this was a good place to learn and discuss new things for future projects :)

Hey! My names Paul but feel free to call me by my username!

I've always had a love for gaming but recently I've been checking out a good few of the builds in the BitBuild competition. Big thanks to G-man; unknowingly making me gush over concept of the G-boy DIY kit, eventually leading me to join this forum!
I've never messed with circuits before, however I have soldered amplifiers and guitars. I've always loved the idea of making a console handheld and felt overwhelmed by the idea of knowing the ins and outs of the circuitry. I've got so much to learn and that's what brings me here (other than gawking all over the builds other users have made). I was hoping to find myself a G-boy kit as a starting point, sadly it doesn't look like the case. My hope is that within 5 years; I'll be able to make my own!

I'm about to dive into this forum and see what I can pick out. I think the Wii seems like a good starting point (maybe?).

Wish me luck!
P.S: Any links to learning documentation for someone as inexperienced as me would be highly appreciated!

Lots of love!

Hello, I'm a Computer Sience (in my country called Informatik) Student from Germany with the hobbies: Casemodding, Casecons, 3d Printing (modding and desiging 3d printers), design PCBs and a little bit of programming.

Hello! My name is Jemma! I'm a computer science student and homebrew developer with the Pretendo Network.

While most of my work is reverse engineering software side, I do have experience with CAD and 3D printing, and I'm hoping to start doing some serious work on a Wii U portable here soon.

I can be found on most other places as either JemTanuki or JayDaBirb on accounts I don't use as often.

Hi, I'm Max. I'm a comp sci student, console repair enthusiast and too many other hobbies to list.

Almost all of my experience comes from console repair (Recently replaced a PS4 hdmi port which I'm pretty happy with) and some PCB design. I've used kicad in the past to design a few keyboards. I am working on getting better at SMD soldering with hot air and hope to get either a reflow oven or a heatplate in the near future for assembling boards in the future.

I am also looking into work on a potential Wii U portable since (afaik) it hasn't truly been accomplished just yet.

You can find me at IcyLetters on just about every single service (Discord, Twitter, Youtube, Steam, etc)

Hi all.

I just start with the modding world and i'm here to learn from this good communitie.

defor

Hello,
I'm looking to find some resources for both portabilization and consolization, specifically involving Namco System 256, Playstation 1, and PSP hardware.
Thanks, and looking forwards to talking with all of you!