BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello, I come here searching for documentation and to do positive synergies with more experienced users.

Im interested primarily in N64 and Game Boy systems.

Hello. I go by a wealth of online names, but my most consistent one is Amakusa. I joined this website due to its resources on portable console building. Happy to be here and hope you all are having a pleasant day!

Hello! I joined to chat with others interested in modding and building consoles and accessories. This also looks like a great resource to both find new information and share what I know, and I look forward getting to know everybody here!

tweak

Yooo Everyone! hope your all gravy and having an awesome day!!!!!!!! Im tweak and im a music producer turned electronic engineer and I usually experiment circuit bending (apologies) music technologies in the name of making sound!
I stumbled across this community and you have immediately grabbed my attention! growing up I have owned all the common consoles with my favorite being the GBA thanks to Pokemon and to see what you guys have done... hacking wii's and bringing life and enjoyment back into these console has got me super inspired! I bought and modded a wii as soon as i could but I still have some more hurdles before I can turn it into a handheld!
I just wanted to say YO! hopefully spark some conversation! Im very excited to share some of my abstract projects with you guys!
Thanks for taking the time to read this post!
Peace <3

Hold Tweak.
Yooo Everyone! hope your all gravy and having an awesome day!!!!!!!! Im tweak and im a music producer turned electronic engineer and I usually experiment circuit bending (apologies) music technologies in the name of making sound!
I stumbled across this community and you have immediately grabbed my attention! growing up I have owned all the common consoles with my favorite being the GBA thanks to Pokemon and to see what you guys have done... hacking wii's and bringing life and enjoyment back into these console has got me super inspired! I bought and modded a wii as soon as i could but I still have some more hurdles before I can turn it into a handheld!
I just wanted to say YO! hopefully spark some conversation! Im very excited to share some of my abstract projects with you guys!
Thanks for taking the time to read this post!
Peace <3
Hello Tweak. Nice to meet you. I know a lot of people start portablizing with the Gamecube. As the Wii is basically a beefed up gamecube, I bet it'd be an interesting project. I'm interested in learning how someone would get around the reliance of motion controls, as that's necessary even for menu nav iirc.

Peace be with you as well!

Orako

heyo, i go by orako. always enjoyed tinkering and tech, ive done basic stuff like simple pc builds and more complex stuff like a full switch reshell. found soldering fun ever since i took a class that taught a basic unit on it in 8th grade but never really had a full use for it until now. looking to one day make a full wii portable some day when i can afford all the materials lol

Hey there! I'm Joe, I am really into 3D printing and history! Portables have entranced me, and I have decided to build one, so I guess I would start here!

Hello from Ghana. I'm completely new to this scene and very happy to learn new things.

Cheers.

STB

Portables
Hi!

I was following this forum for a long time. I'm interested in all types of consoles. Having lot of old consoles in my "museum". I also created a laser cutted housing for an 8" Bartop powerde by the Raspberry PI 3 or 4. With parts available e.g. on Aliexpress.
With the availability of the Raspberry PI Zero 2W I started my portable Arcade handheld. Initially I only wanted to learn KiCad (coming from Eagle). Now it seems that it might come to reality for my PocketPIArcade come to live.

Later I'll try to start a work log in the Raspberry PI section to let you participate.

CU

STB

Haven

Hi, I'm just looking for info on building a portable wii, might get more in depth after that but who knows.

Heyo! new here and would like to say what an amazing community this is. very exuberant to be here!

Fly_5

Portables
Megadrive portable / PS2 Next-G portable
Hello, I am very happy to be part of this very special community, greetings to everyone.