BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

What's up, I'm Connor (you can call me thebaconwheel or bacon or whatever you feel). I wanted to get into portabilizing after making my diy janky Raspberry pi portable and seeing my old Wii lying around and thinking hey maybe I can do this. I embrace the jank so.... tried and tested < cheap for me because I'm a broke college student and such. Maybe I'll get around to it... maybe not. Stuff is hard man.

Hello all! I've been modding handhelds for almost two years now, only gameboy and pi though. I'm getting into my first wii build (ashida) and am looking forward to this project and the continued reference material and support of this community!

Hello, my name is Daniel! I'm very new to the console modding community, but it seems like something I would be interested in doing. My main reason for joining here is because I'm interested in making my own portable wii. I'm hoping parts will be in stock soon so I can get my hands on starting up this project. If you read this, have a good day!

Renhga

Hi,
I'm 30 years old and don't have any experience, and I really wanna have an custom console but I do have a nintendo Wii with little bit free time.

Howdy strangers! I'm Rupert. I know absolutely nothing about electronics but I am hoping to one day get into it.
Shank sure has made me want to make a portable wii and other funky stuff. There are like three wiis in my house where the disc drives don't work.

Hello all, Im CodeAsm (or Nico IRL).
Im mostly a software guy, hacking, programming and reversing. But a n00b for the most part :P
I do thinker with hardware and got some consoles I like to mod, this forum looks like the right place to get dirty :blush: (dremmel dust, capasitors flying, that sort of dirty)

I mostly have worked with the original xbox, own some playstation 1 and eh, fixing all my friends handhelds leave me with plenty of (broken) parts and some shells.
Im here for the details in diagrams and general learning the ins and outs of the hardware. maybe share bits of my own acquired knowledge here and there.

SO this is my hello, Hi :D

Skibs

Hi, I’m Skibs. I mostly mod GameCube controllers and am a mod in the custom GameCube controller discord.

Came here because I have a wii with a broken disc drive and an empty GameCube shell. Was hoping I could learn how to cut down the wii to fit in the GameCube and use it to play games but I have no idea where to start or if anyone has done this.

Hi all,

I have a couple of console mod projects on the go ATM and I'm glad to have found this site and comunity of like minded enthusiasts.

Super excited to see all the cool stuff people are doing here!

dababy

Hi, I’m Skibs. I mostly mod GameCube controllers and am a mod in the custom GameCube controller discord.

Came here because I have a wii with a broken disc drive and an empty GameCube shell. Was hoping I could learn how to cut down the wii to fit in the GameCube and use it to play games but I have no idea where to start or if anyone has done this.
Probably just a standard omgwtf trim with Bluetooth and max relocated with 4layertech boards

Hi, I'm new to retro console modifications, it really catches my attention, that's why I want to start with my own project thanks to all the information you share here.