BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hey everyone. I'm a big retro gaming collector (both retail items and devkits) and have also done a fair amount of mods in the past too. I don't see myself ever attempting to build one of the custom portables that I've seen in this group, but I have recently got a completed G-Boy (one of the review units that was used on YT last year) and so I came here to find out more about it. Sad to see that the production line and store has ceased, but the community here still looks pretty strong.

Hello! I am completely new here, like really new. I came here because of portablizing, but I know nothing about electronics, I only know code lol! Hope to have a fun time here!

hello;
my name is Xavi from Barcelona. I’want to learn how to build my portable consoles.
My first proyect will be a wii portable.

tanks for your info,

Hello, lostone here because I usually am lost.
Been moding hw and sw for years.
Came here looking for ideas fixering a Wii...

Well, hello! My name is Flavio, i fell into the portabilizing rabbit hole a few weeks ago and was amazed by the craftsmanship that you guys display! I'm trying to make my first portable as a vacation project, a portable PS2, but I'm having some questions here and there, so i decided to create an account here to get a little help, and also to show my portable's worklog, and eventually to help people as well.

acacio

Hi! I got to know the community through some YouTube videos. I got interested in the portable wii project, however, because I'm not used to the forum, I didn't find the base project, the electronic circuit and software project that you use as a tutorial to start the projects. could someone help me in the initial step?

Hi! I got to know the community through some YouTube videos. I got interested in the portable wii project, however, because I'm not used to the forum, I didn't find the base project, the electronic circuit and software project that you use as a tutorial to start the projects. could someone help me in the initial step?
Yea, Sure! First off, if you don't have much knowledge in electronics, go to the "Console Modding 101" in the homepage of the forum. The software you're gonna need is the RVLoader, you can go to the RVLoader page by clicking on the "RVLoader" link right there in the header. For the Wii motherboard trimming, refer to the "The Definitive Wii Trimming Guide". For electronic circuits, refer to the "Guide Hub" section of the forum. I'm gonna leave links to everything in the spoiler below, also explore the forum a little bit to get the gist of everything.

acacio

Yea, Sure! First off, if you don't have much knowledge in electronics, go to the "Console Modding 101" in the homepage of the forum. The software you're gonna need is the RVLoader, you can go to the RVLoader page by clicking on the "RVLoader" link right there in the header. For the Wii motherboard trimming, refer to the "The Definitive Wii Trimming Guide". For electronic circuits, refer to the "Guide Hub" section of the forum. I'm gonna leave links to everything in the spoiler below, also explore the forum a little bit to get the gist of everything.

Thank you so much

Boomii

Hi my name is Michael I'm From Idaho US, I just got sucked into portablizing with my brother and i hope to learn alot here.

Greetings everyone
don't mind me for now, I just started getting into the modding scene. I still have much to learn.
I hope you take care of me in the future

Last edited:
coming through to say hi - fellow game boy enthusiast pointed me to the sweet game boy scan on this forum. had to join and say thanks

Hi folks, I’m Scott. I work for Adafruit on CircuitPython for my day job. I love the goal of revitalizing old gaming systems. I’ve got a long standing project to create a dynamic gameboy cart that runs CircuitPython. My more recent interest is figuring out the uart pins on the wii balance board so I can talk to it directly rather than over Bluetooth.