BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

AP0000

Hello there! Glad to have found such a fantastic site, great work, very nice and intuitive. I´m a beginner in modding and restoring retro consoles, searching for help and guidance.

Nick_G

Hey I'm new here. I had been planning on making a portable Wii 3 or 4 years ago but at that time I didn't have the tools and it seemed too difficult. Now I have everything I need and I'm looking forward to create my portable Wii.

Greetings. I recently discovered the idea of Wii portables and had to try it. I'm looking forward to a lot of reading around here.

Hello, I'm unlistedstory, and I've mostly been working on hacking my new 3ds xl. I'm looking into wii portables and was directed to this website by many videos about portable wiis on youtube.

Portables
Hello,
I am so eager to start making a wii portable. I have already bought many of the tools and a wii. This will be my first console modding experience.

Zax

Hey, I'm Zax! Long time lurker here, but I've been tinkering with electronics and modding for a long time. I'm making an account to finally attempt something a little more involved, like a portable Wii. I'll be starting my journey by following the guides on the site, and I'm looking forward to doing it! I just got my first 6-layer board to attempt my first cut, and I'll hopefully find a 4-layer down the road.

Also, I wasn't able to access the PortibalizeMii download page, anyone know why?

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Hey, I'm Zax! Long time lurker here, but I've been tinkering with electronics and modding for a long time. I'm making an account to finally attempt something a little more involved, like a portable Wii. I'll be starting my journey by following the guides on the site, and I'm looking forward to doing it! I just got my first 6-layer board to attempt my first cut, and I'll hopefully find a 4-layer down the road.

Also, I wasn't able to access the PortibalizeMii download page, anyone know why?
PortablizeMii is being phased out, it's replacement is BBLoader which you can find in the navigation bar or head to www.bbloader.pizza

Garo

I have a couple of questions. I want to make a portable super nintendo, but have never modded anything before. I heard nes or snes would be a good place to start, so I picked super nintendo. Would I be able to mod my psvita to play super nintendo games, and what materials would i need?

I have a couple of questions. I want to make a portable super nintendo, but have never modded anything before. I heard nes or snes would be a good place to start, so I picked super nintendo. Would I be able to mod my psvita to play super nintendo games, and what materials would i need?
By "Mod my PSVita", it sounds like you're trying to gut a PSVita and put the Super Nintendo board inside, completely replacing it - at that point, it might be less effort to make the case and controls from scratch. But if you really are going to go ahead with it, you'll need an SNES (SNESJRs are the best for portabilizing due to their size and 1CHIP board), soldering tools, trimming tools (like a dremel) to make the board smaller, a device to convert the SNES's video into digital video usable by the LCD, Headphone and Speaker audio amps, Power Supply and Battery Management boards, batteries, and perhaps a board to allow the SNES board to read the Vita's controls. The process is mostly the same as portabilizing, say, a Wii or N64, so check out some of the tutorials for that. It should give you a good idea of what you need and you can make adjustments to suit your needs.

Hi! I'm MintMellowCat and I really like portable consoles and am going to make a portable Wii. I have done a lot of research about portable consoles and am soon going to get the Wii to start. I am doing the portable Wii for a school project. Thanks.

Hi, i'm new one here and I will start to investigate this theme of modding consoles

Hey everyone! I'm also very new to the scene and the portable wii finally got me to bite the bullet and buy all the tools I need to try and make my own! I'd love to be able to get it done and maybe even work on identifying issues with older consoles and repairing them! Happy to be here

kent

Hey Everyone!

My name is Shane and I'm an Electrical Engineer from the San Francisco Bay Area. I've recently stumbled upon this portable scene and I've taken an interest in everything that it has to offer!

I'm looking to design a Portable Wii based on the learnings provided on this Forum and elsewhere. I'll likely have some questions that I'll ask around as I try to navigate these waters, so please bare with me while I find my footing!

If you're interested in some of the work that I've done in the past, then you can take a look at my website here which showcases a lot of the designs that I'm allowed to show off: www.shanekent.com

I'm excited to get to know you all over the next weeks and months!

-Shane

Hi guys. Bought a Wii for $10 at a thrift store. DVD drive is a little fucked so I will make it a portable (or try, anyways).