BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

hello there

joined this forum mainly because I want to try and recreate the micro wiis I've seen on a twitter and youtube already

Hey everyone! I'm new here. I am a 2nd year student in electrical engineering looking to make a portable Gamecube! It's been a dream of mine to make one since I first saw one on YouTube. I have already tried to make one with a Gamecube motherboard and a Wasp Fusion, but I decided to change to a Wii motherboard instead.

Hi everyone, i'm new here. have a project in mind with a lattepanda delta and razer junglecat.

Avery

Hi, I have seen many videos on portabalizing wiis/gamecubes and i am planning on making something like the Louii from ginger because to me it looked so good and i finally felt almost a need for it. Even though I don't have enough money for that atm (I have $220 to spend freely) I do plan to make one eventually because god damn just the thought of having a switch except gamecube and wii games is mind boggling. Thanks for making a place like this

Timo43

Hi, I have seen many videos on portabalizing wiis/gamecubes and i am planning on making something like the Louii from ginger because to me it looked so good and i finally felt almost a need for it. Even though I don't have enough money for that atm (I have $220 to spend freely) I do plan to make one eventually because god damn just the thought of having a switch except gamecube and wii games is mind boggling. Thanks for making a place like this
Don’t forget about emulators on the wii! N64 and other games await! (Just make sure you own the games you emulate if you decide to use emulators)

Avery

Yeah, I have mario 64 mario kart 64 and smash 64 but they are all on my original wii which I will keep as a regular wii so I guess i'd have to emulate them

New old guy here, trying to rebuild an old wii into a retro gaming system for my grandson..
looking for a forum to turn to for reading and gathering info, and asking the inevitable questions will arise in this undertaking..
thank you..

Timo43

New old guy here, trying to rebuild an old wii into a retro gaming system for my grandson..
looking for a forum to turn to for reading and gathering info, and asking the inevitable questions will arise in this undertaking..
thank you..
Are you looking to turn your wii into a system that can play old games? If so you might want to look into softmodding your wii with homebrew. This isn’t exactly the place for that but I think there are people here who could help you with that. If you want to do console modding this is definitely the place. I would start with the guide hub and then maybe create a thread with more specifics on what you want. That should allow us to give you some pointers on where to start. Hope this gives you an idea of where to start! Welcome to Bitbuilt by the way!

Avery

Don’t forget about emulators on the wii! N64 and other games await! (Just make sure you own the games you emulate if you decide to use emulators)
It says you joined on the 6th but yet you know quite a bit about this site, is this an alt account or something?

XCVG

Portables
So, uh, is this where everyone is hanging out these days?