BitBuilt Forum Suggestions

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
I think you can. I don't know how. There's always the noahpls route.

I also haven't found a way to make thread redirects cleanly so I imagine Noah will have to make the guide section redirects, if everyone agrees with that

Luke

Portables
Okay, here's an idea: Having a Projects Showcase more similar to how it used to be on benheck (it's not up anymore and I don't remember exactly how it was, just that it was awesome.) Basically, it was a list of all portables, and you could click one and it would have a dedicated page with a main picture and details about it, etc, I'm sure some of you remember.

Right now our Projects Showcase is almost the exact same as the site news feed, it has the wii trimming guide on it (which as good as it is, does it belong in the "projects showcase"?), and not all projects are listed there.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
We need a dedicated article writer, someone who's experienced enough and active enough to properly maintain a database like that.

Noah

retired
Portables
Yeah, I want to do something more than just a forum for projects. Things get lost too easily IMO and a lot of projects aren't given the recognition they deserve. After PortablizeMii is out it's something I'll definitely look at. :)

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I say give whoever does it a special banner like "archiver," "librarian" or "chronicler"

This looks like something @Doom would be interested in.

Luke

Portables
I'd be willing to do it / help!

Noah

retired
Portables
This looks like something @Doom would be interested in.
Back when we first started there was talk of having "front page staff." So it'd fit in with that I'm assuming. The user group might still even exist, not sure.

Doom has his own site to run so I wouldn't want him to have to worry about our stuff too unless he wanted to do it.

I'd be willing to do it / help!
Sweet! Once we start to look into this I'll shoot you a PM. Shouldn't be too long at all.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Back when we first started there was talk of having "front page staff." So it'd fit in with that I'm assuming. The user group might still even exist, not sure.

Doom has his own site to run so I wouldn't want him to have to worry about our stuff too unless he wanted to do it.
I don't want to be in charge of it since I'm already doing a terrible job on my own website for content, however I wouldn't mind doing an article here or there every so often, perhaps some content tradsies for guest content on each site.

Luke

Portables
Sneaky >_>

I figured it was another social network. :/ I need to educate myself.
No I think you're right. It's not intuitive whatsoever and "Connect with us" heavily implies linking to a social network and not back to the main site. Unless those speech bubbles are a symbol for internet forums and I'm unaware.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Another feature that would be really cool would be a setting to receive email notifications only for threads that you've authored or when someone quotes you or something along those lines. I like receiving email notifications so that I can see when someone responds to me ASAP but it's kind of annoying to receive an email for every thread I'm watching. Just my 2c. :)

Acronell

Aquafam
Capital District, New York, United States
_20170507_121342.JPG

This could help alot of our younger members as well whom recently moved out and are on their own.

I do alot of budget cooking and quick foods, so I'd be a wealth of information for it.

Also, as stated, there needs to be a single stickied thread for pizza recipes, we could potentially give @Aurelio enough variety to last an entire year.

Here at BitBuilt we don't only care about your projects, we care about you!

Separately, there should be a title under my username that says "Aquaman", just saying >°>

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
I'm totally down for this idea just because Noah gave me some seasoning information way back, which I then tested out on Cheese when he showed up pre-MGC and he said it was good. Even better, Aurelio has whispered sweet pizza secrets to me that have improved the quality of my cooking exponentially.