Question Bitbuilt Cooling kit worth ordering?

Is the cooling kit on the Bitbuilt store worth ordering? I heard the stuff still there would take months to ship, so I want to know if it would be better to order the stuff elsewhere.

If that is the case, where would it be best to order each of the things in the kit?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The BitBuilt store no longer exists, so you kinda have to buy the parts yourself. I buy my 35x35mm fans and heatsinks off ebay/aliexpress, depending on which I'm ordering more stuff from at the time. As for the copper sheet, if you live in the US it's probably cheaper to order those direct from a metalwork company, else, ebay.

The BitBuilt store no longer exists, so you kinda have to buy the parts yourself.
The cooling kit is actually one of the few things that's still in stock.

I just ordered it a couple weeks ago and I don't think it took more than a week to arrive. (I live in the US.) I haven't used it yet but I would assume it's good.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The cooling kit is actually one of the few things that's still in stock.

I just ordered it a couple weeks ago and I don't think it took more than a week to arrive. (I live in the US.) I haven't used it yet but I would assume it's good.
My mistake, I assumed since the link was removed from the nav bar that the store was gonski. If there is still stock, shpping should indeed be quick. It was mainly the GBoy kits and custom PCBs that had the lead times. Everything still on the store should be shipped speedily until they're all gone.

EDIT: The store page was just taken down 20 minutes ago. It's no longer possible to purchase the cooling kit or anything else.

Last edited: