Beginner Wii Portable

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
You'll need to twist your VGA R, G, and B lines with ground, it's also good to shield SCW, SDW, and GCD with ground to protect against noise in those signal lines.

Portables
Can the PMS-Lite function without a wii or batteries attached for testing? (with pms-pd connected to USB-C)

Portables
Can the PMS-Lite function without a wii or batteries attached for testing? (with pms-pd connected to USB-C)
connecting a battery correctly to the pms-lite will allow you to push the power button and turn it on to verify voltages and such

Last edited:

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
For clarification, the PMS Lite cannot be used without hooking up a battery (or batteries). It will not function with just the PMS-PD and USB-C power.
As vipe_202 said, yes, once you have the battery connected, you can connect a button between BTN and ground to turn the PMS on, from there you can use a multimeter set to DC voltage to check each of the voltage lines, with or without a Wii connected. I would also recommend connecting the LED, as it's the first indicator of any functionality.

Portables
On the U-amp, what is the 4th pole of the headphone Jack connected to? I’m thinking of running composite video through the headphone Jack on the U-amp. And can I not solder that pin on if it’s just ground?

I don't think there is a 4th pole, I think it is a switching connector so that audio to the speakers will be shut off when headphones are plugged in.

Portables
Thanks, I’m just going to use the headphone jack out of a raspberry pi instead, can I still wire up A/V to the 4th pole?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thanks, I’m just going to use the headphone jack out of a raspberry pi instead, can I still wire up A/V to the 4th pole?
As long as it has a normally closed sense pin to wire to HS, yes I think you can

DMDBOY

I find myself in the same printerless boat, could you redirect and would you recommend the service to someone else?
Thanks a bunch!
keep at it, can’t wait to see more

Portables
I’m sorry, but I chose a UK one. I used Lancashire 3d but I don’t know what’s good in the US.

Last edited:
Im looking to make my first wii portable but I have no idea what I need besides a wii motherboard can someone send links to the other pcbs and components I will need?

Portables
Does anybody know the best way to deal with bad button holes (made to tight tolerances so now they stick) should I just sand down the inside or is there a better way? All that’s happening is that the buttons are grinding and sticking in the plastic. Also, is it better to wet or dry sand 3d printer plastic (I used PETG)

dababy

Dry sanding a little bit **evenly** should make them fit smoothly but test it in small intervals so it doesn’t get over sanded

what different size of wires do i need for the louii build by ginger of oz

Portables
I don’t know specifically for the Louii, but in general 30 gauge magnet wire will do for most things and for large power places (battery terminals, charge lines and 5v) use usual wire.