Before cutting up Wii motherbord for G-boy rev-3

1NK

I had installed BBLoader on a Wii I was going to trim for my G-boy rev 3, and it looked like I installed it correctly. The Wii booted into BBLoader as intended, but only with the USB drive still inserted. I know this is probably a stupid question as I know the G-boy will have a USB drive inside of it that will have the BBLoader files on it so the trimmed board can boot, but I just want to make sure that this screen I am getting without the USB drive inserted is normal before I go cutting up the board.
bbloader wii screen.jpg

MP3

Portables
Yeah that's completely normal. In fact, getting that screen is a good way to test that your trim is working before you wire USB.

Viilmo

Portables
I had installed BBLoader on a Wii I was going to trim for my G-boy rev 3, and it looked like I installed it correctly. The Wii booted into BBLoader as intended, but only with the USB drive still inserted. I know this is probably a stupid question as I know the G-boy will have a USB drive inside of it that will have the BBLoader files on it so the trimmed board can boot, but I just want to make sure that this screen I am getting without the USB drive inserted is normal before I go cutting up the board. View attachment 22225
I know this isn't what you asked for, but I wouldn't use BBLoader anymore but instead RVLoader it has some good improvements and bug fixes.

1NK

I tried installing RVLoader before BBLoader, but no matter what I did it wouldn't appear on the homebrew channel menu, so I just installed BBLoader to start with.

Did you have an SD card in your wii? That usually will supersede the usb drive hb folder in HBChannel. Pop out the sd card and the other hb will show up. Also make sure the file structure on the usb is usb:/apps/rvloader AND also usb:/rvloader. They should both be in the zip file from Aurelio’s GitHub. They both need to be there in their respective locations In the file structure.
Cheers