Question BBvideo?

Ekterm

Portables
Wii Laptop, PCii mk A
I've searched and searched but to no avail, what is the current status on bbvideo and where do I figure out how to use it?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
BBVideo was a project meant to get 480p video in a more easily usable form for portable applications, as yPbPr does not work with very many screens.

But then Aurelio released his Wii VGA patches, so now we can get really nice 480p video out of our Wiis without having to buy any extra hardware. The video may not be quite as clean as a straight digital drive from Wii to screen, but Aurelio has also been working on doing that as well (release tba, it will probably be a while)

Ekterm

Portables
Wii Laptop, PCii mk A
BBVideo was a project meant to get 480p video in a more easily usable form for portable applications, as yPbPr does not work with very many screens.

But then Aurelio released his Wii VGA patches, so now we can get really nice 480p video out of our Wiis without having to buy any extra hardware. The video may not be quite as clean as a straight digital drive from Wii to screen, but Aurelio has also been working on doing that as well (release tba, it will probably be a while)
But its basically gcvideo right, and there are no other digital video solutions yet? How do the current digital solutions compare to component or VGA mod in quality?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
But its basically gcvideo right, and there are no other digital video solutions yet? How do the current digital solutions compare to component or VGA mod in quality?
citrus3000PSI has already made a Wii specific version of GCVideo. I built a retrofit of it and it works well, so if the VGA patch isn't enough for you, you can use his design. You'll just have to get the boards from OSHpark and assemble it yourself.