BBLoader v1.3 - beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I need some help here, I bought a usb flash drive, and I can only format it to exFAT or NTFS will either of those work? or does it just have to be fat32

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
I cant seem to get this to work, I cant disable wifi because I cannot access the installer, and when I try to load games, hiidra says it cant load kernel, any idea how to fix this?

Will you release the source code at any time soon? I'm quite entreated on how can we as a community improve it faster and create the best version of it

Do you also need to install the cIOSes or is installing Bootmii and the Homebrew Channel enough to install BBLoader?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Do you also need to install the cIOSes or is installing Bootmii and the Homebrew Channel enough to install BBLoader?
You only need the homebrew channel. Everything else is installed by BBLoader

Also what should I do if the BBLoader Installer crashes from USB? Should I install it from my SD Card?

@Aurelio My friend, any predictions for a new bbloader build?

I look forward to 3 things:

The end of the crash problem after 10 minutes stopped in the game.

The IGR to leave the game back to Loader.

E To be able to configure the emulation of the wii remote with the Game Cube control in the Virtua console and wiiware games.

A hug and success always.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Also what should I do if the BBLoader Installer crashes from USB? Should I install it from my SD Card?
I'd try another USB drive if you have others to try, otherwise perhaps try redownloading the files from the site in case the first set got borked somehow. Happened to me once.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Also if the Wii is untouched hardware wise, you could make a NAND backup via BootMii, upload it to mediafire or mega or something and send me a link via forum PM and I can build you a clean NAND to re-flash onto the system. Bit risky, and it might not help in the end, but it's an option.

Also if the Wii is untouched hardware wise, you could make a NAND backup via BootMii, upload it to mediafire or mega or something and send me a link via forum PM and I can build you a clean NAND to re-flash onto the system. Bit risky, and it might not help in the end, but it's an option.
I'd rather not tinker that much with the NAND because if I remember correctly if Bootmii isnt installed in boot2(which it cant be in my case), you're basically screwed in terms of saving your system.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
This is true, but I've never bricked a Wii with a verified rebuild before. Option's there if you change your mind later

Use the C-Stick to switch to Wii games.
No, USB controllers are not supported (they work only for gamecube games with Nintendont)
It doesn't show my wii games, i think because they're in a ntfs partition. Will it have support for partitions?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
It doesn't show my wii games, i think because they're in a ntfs partition. Will it have support for partitions?
The usb must be fat32. Wii games need to be formatted in wbfs and placed in wbfs folder. This is the only way it will work

First of all, congratulations for the good hard work! It's awesome to think I can play Wii games with the GameCube controller. It's something I was wanting since Nintendont allowed us to play GameCube games with wiimotes. I'm having issues to enable both GameCube controller and the Wiimote simultaneously, cause everytime I activate bluetooth, the gc2wiimote doesn't work. Maybe in future updates we'll have this working and also the possibility to emulate the 4 wiimotes.

I have a question. Well, I had to remove bbloader because homebrew channel was upside-down. I did it using dopmii. I reinstalled iOS 58 standard version. Homebrew channel got fixed, but using the GameCube controller on Wii explorer channel is still buggy, and sometimes USB loader GX doesn't recognize the external hard drive. In Wii explorer I can't move the cursor, and I have to plug the player 2 control to do it. Maybe the loader with the gc2wiimote changed the behavior of the gc input. It's there a way to thoroughly remove bbloader and hiidra? Undo the installation to the point it was before?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
First of all, congratulations for the good hard work! It's awesome to think I can play Wii games with the GameCube controller. It's something I was wanting since Nintendont allowed us to play GameCube games with wiimotes. I'm having issues to enable both GameCube controller and the Wiimote simultaneously, cause everytime I activate bluetooth, the gc2wiimote doesn't work. Maybe in future updates we'll have this working and also the possibility to emulate the 4 wiimotes.

I have a question. Well, I had to remove bbloader because homebrew channel was upside-down. I did it using dopmii. I reinstalled iOS 58 standard version. Homebrew channel got fixed, but using the GameCube controller on Wii explorer channel is still buggy, and sometimes USB loader GX doesn't recognize the external hard drive. In Wii explorer I can't move the cursor, and I have to plug the player 2 control to do it. Maybe the loader with the gc2wiimote changed the behavior of the gc input. It's there a way to thoroughly remove bbloader and hiidra? Undo the installation to the point it was before?
Wiimotes working in tandem with the emulator is not currently supported and isn't in the dev pipeline AFAIK. BBLoader is designed primarily for portables and the number of multiplayer capable units built is very low, so assuming it's even possible to do, it's unlikely to be done anytime soon while other more important functions are being worked on. If you want wiimote multiplayer atm, you'll have to disable GC2Wiimote and use only wiimotes.

The Homebrew Channel being upside down is normal, TeamTwiizers made it do that to discourage unneccessary IOS modification, which we use for the noWIFI patch and BT emulation. It doesn't affect the HBC's functionality, so it's not really wise to change it when so many other homebrew apps (like BBLoader) have their own built in homebrew menu that you can use. As for your unintended method of uninstallation, this is beyond my knowledge to provide support, but you really should have asked BEFORE manually replacing IOS modules. The BBLoader FAQ had the information you wanted.

Also stop double posting pls, use the edit button.

Status
Not open for further replies.