BBLoader v1.3 - beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
For untrimmed wii users that are going to be using this on a regular wii for wiimote emulation using gamecube controllers. Can you add an option when installing to allow loading gamecube and wii games from the disc drive? Or is there an option to install a WAD in the VC folder that will allow loading games from disc?

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
For untrimmed wii users that are going to be using this on a regular wii for wiimote emulation using gamecube controllers. Can you add an option when installing to allow loading gamecube and wii games from the disc drive? Or is there an option to install a WAD in the VC folder that will allow loading games from disc?
BBLoader is being designed more for portables. I don't think Aurelio has any plans on implementing loading from disc (I _may_ be wrong, but I doubt).
One option may be to use the separate Wiimote emulation hacks that can be installed to allow booting into the Wii menu and playing games that way. I've not played around with that patch so I can't say much for it though - I don't know if it has less features than the current wiimote emulation or not. IIRC the patches also require BT to be connected and such, but if you're untrimmed that wouldn't be a concern.
Perhaps someone else (Aurelio or someone more versed in the separate patch) could chime in and confirm that being the best route.

BBLoader is being designed more for portables. I don't think Aurelio has any plans on implementing loading from disc (I _may_ be wrong, but I doubt).
One option may be to use the separate Wiimote emulation hacks that can be installed to allow booting into the Wii menu and playing games that way. I've not played around with that patch so I can't say much for it though - I don't know if it has less features than the current wiimote emulation or not. IIRC the patches also require BT to be connected and such, but if you're untrimmed that wouldn't be a concern.
Perhaps someone else (Aurelio or someone more versed in the separate patch) could chime in and confirm that being the best route.
I think he said gc2wiimote will no longer be updated. So I was wondering if he can add the option for booting from DVD on install or if installing a wad into the vc folder and loading discs using that wad will work. Thank You, I will wait to see if others will chime in.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I mean if I alread installed BBloader 1.1 and trimed the motherboard, can I update it on G-boy?
because I know need to installed BBloader before trim.
6th question from the bottom

Thanks for this great project, is it in your plans to add compatibility to the "classic pro" controller?:(

My question might sound dumb, but when it ask for press start/home which button is start?
Thanks in advance!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
My question might sound dumb, but when it ask for press start/home which button is start?
Thanks in advance!
The grey one in the middle of the GC controller/GBoy face.

I came across a problem when setting up gc controls, and it's the IR range is wrongly mapped to the screen. I can only go down to the point that's seen in the pic, and it won't go an lower than that, whether I set IR mode to Direct or to Shift. The pointer also appears to go out of bounds for the upper edge. I've tried messing with system settings (from changing IR sensor position to changing resolution) to see if it fixed it, but nothing seems to work. For reference, I'm playing on an untrimmed 4.3u with BBLoader not installed.

IMG_20201202_132007143_HDR.jpg

@Aurelio Do you plan to add Video-Force support (NTSC to PAL and PAL to NTSC) like all other loaders (and Nintendont) do?

Status
Not open for further replies.