BBLoader v1.3 - beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
That's what I'm doing, but it still doesn't show up. Except I don't know what disc2 is, or where to get it. So I didn't put that.
disc2 is only for dual disc games. Please post some screenshot of the folder structure.

Custom intros aren't supported yet, but they are planned.
Can I replace the bitbuilt intro with at least a picture of the gamecube logo? And how do I fix the problem of the gamecube ISOs not showing up and me not being able to open anything on the switcher except the gamecube and wii games menu?

caorsi

Didnt someone have a patron that can donate in order to get the mod that allows the wii remote to configure to the buttons?

Does BBLoader come with emulators, or do I have to add them on? Where do I install the emulators? Where do I put the games for the emulators? Also, can I watch videos and.MP4s on BBLoader?

eeze

Wow! This is pretty incredible @Aurelio . I thought your Wiimote emulation project stalled at neek emunand and was pleasantly surprised to learn about Hiidra and BBLoader.

Could you clarify how this works? Are the IOS36,58,80 patched in anyway permanently on the NAND or do they remain intact/vanilla with everything patched in ram on the fly at every game boot? I think I saw that slot 236,240,241 are also used during the installer.

If everything is on the fly, shouldn't BBLoader be able to boot from the home-brew channel without needing to redirect boot via priiloader? I ask because the vWii is not compatible with priiloader. I am aware that vWii IOS are different than their Wii counterparts.

This might be a dumb question, but I installed BBloader and it was working fine, then I disassembled my wii and removed the disc drive. I didn't trim it or anything, but when I tested it on my tv the wii wouldn't boot.

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Wow! This is pretty incredible @Aurelio . I thought your Wiimote emulation project stalled at neek emunand and was pleasantly surprised to learn about Hiidra and BBLoader.

Could you clarify how this works? Are the IOS36,58,80 patched in anyway permanently on the NAND or do they remain intact/vanilla with everything patched in ram on the fly at every game boot? I think I saw that slot 236,240,241 are also used during the installer.

If everything is on the fly, shouldn't BBLoader be able to boot from the home-brew channel without needing to redirect boot via priiloader? I ask because the vWii is not compatible with priiloader. I am aware that vWii IOS are different than their Wii counterparts.
The IOS patches installed are for WiFi removal. You can boot it from the homebrew channel, but you'll be prompted with a message asking to install it everytime. Just select "no". I am not sure if it works on the vWii tbh.
BBLoader was highlighted by LinusTechTips today!
I know, we sent it to them :P
Will support for NKit iso format be added?
No. The Wii can't decompress isos on the fly.

Hi, this is my first comment/post on bitbuilt so bare with me. I am a user of portablizemii and i do have one concern. For N64, i noticed that some games run slow or crash all together if the textures are hard to process or emulate. I noticed this especially with Paper Mario N64 when I would try to play it, it would crash. The VC version on the Wii menu runs fine, but when I run the rom on the PM menu I have this problem. Now, with all that said, I know that this kind of thing can be fixed within emulators with settings adjusted but I don't have access to alot ofsettings that could fix this on the PM menu Wii64 settings. I was wondering, as a suggestion, if more texture settings could be accessable on the BBloader for if problems like this occur for other games.

I'm fairly sure during installation I mistakenly set the "Patch out Wifi" option to "No"... Now after trimming my board I see a "BBloader bootloader 00" screen when i power on, and it just hangs there. Obviously I haven't relocated the wifi, so am I right in assuming not having patched that out would prevent it from booting?

Is there a way for me to reinstall bbloader in it's current condition without me having to somehow wire up the Wifi to my trimmed board? I've tried holding L+R+Z on startup but that didn't bring up the safe menu.

eeze

The IOS patches installed are for WiFi removal. You can boot it from the homebrew channel, but you'll be prompted with a message asking to install it everytime. Just select "no". I am not sure if it works on the vWii tbh.
Thank you for the reply, I wrongfully assumed selecting "no" would just kick back to the home-brew menu. BBLoader boots in vWii and can start up a GameCube game via Nintendont. However, the current incompatibility with wiimote / wii accessories means the radial menu can't be switched to Wii and as a result I can't test the IOS patching on vWii. Perhaps there is a way to default loading to the Wii menu via a configuration file.

On a side note, there is no way to power off the console when BBLoader is launched on the vWii.

Status
Not open for further replies.