BBLoader v1.3 - beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tron

Great work, Aurelio et al. A couple of questions: was the Bluetooth module in PortablizeMii before used only to coax the system to boot up Wii games or did it actually interface with a wiimote? If it’s the latter, will it still work with a wiimote in Hiidra? Thanks.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Great work, Aurelio et al. A couple of questions: was the Bluetooth module in PortablizeMii before used only to coax the system to boot up Wii games or did it actually interface with a wiimote? If it’s the latter, will it still work with a wiimote in Hiidra? Thanks.
In PortablizeMii there was no way to patch out the bluetooth module in Wii games, even if using GC2Wiimote. In BBLoader you can decide if you want to use the bluetooth module for wiimotes or patch it out. Press B on a game and enable Bluetooth if you want to use it

Tron

Thanks for the quick response. Another clarification question, so BBLoader is a drop-in replacement for booting Wii games and doesn’t affect GameCube games or other emulators, correct?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Thanks for the quick response. Another clarification question, so BBLoader is a drop-in replacement for booting Wii games and doesn’t affect GameCube games or other emulators, correct?
BBLoader replaces everything. Wii games are booted through Hiidra, gamecube ones through Nintendont. Emulators aren't supported yet (unless you boot them as standard homebrews)

Tron

Got it. I’ll give BBLoader a spin later today. Again, thanks for all the hard work on this.

another question, can the bbloader be used on the wii console table normally?

I can only thank you for your incredible contribution and that of everyone involved in the scene ... thank you very much!
I'll be testing in the next few days ...

this project is dedicated to wii modified for portable , but it will benefit everyone who has a wii, there is a large group of people who use the wii as a retroconsole, run emulators on it .. a great difficulty has been finding original Joysticket, it would be good if this new load supported Joysticket from playstation 2 playstation 3 .. Joysticket's from ps2 and p3 are easy to find and cheap
There is an adapter that may solve this problem, with it you can use ps2 control connected to a gamecube output, now it remains to be seen if there will be no interference

Look at this link

help
after i installed the bbloader my wifi connection dropped and no longer connects, what do i do to connect again?

I tested this out today on my Wii portable and it works really well for the most part. Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Super Paper Mario were perfectly playable (about 30-40 minutes on each). UI is also quite good imo.

I notice now that a few Wii games (Sonic Unleashed and Nights) won't recognize the GC controller that should be compatible so I will have to configure wiimote for them too.

I am extremely grateful and thank you for the excellent work here.

I tested this out today on my Wii portable and it works really well for the most part. Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Super Paper Mario were perfectly playable (about 30-40 minutes on each). UI is also quite good imo.

I notice now that a few Wii games (Sonic Unleashed and Nights) won't recognize the GC controller that should be compatible so I will have to configure wiimote for them too.

were you able to configure the games and play smoothly on the gamecube controller?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
help
after i installed the bbloader my wifi connection dropped and no longer connects, what do i do to connect again?
You selected to patch out the WiFi module when installing BBLoader. Power on your Wii while holding reset to boot into priiloader, then go in the Load/Install file and install any other homebrew by pressing A, then launch BBLoader by pressing Y on it. This will trigger a new install of BBLoader. Make sure to set "Patch out WiFi" to No.

Do you have "Enable GC2Wiimote" set to No for those games that support the gamecube controller by default?

Do you have "Enable GC2Wiimote" set to No for those games that support the gamecube controller by default?
Yes. Fire Emblem, Klonoa, and Mario Kart work fine but there are issues in those 2 games so it seems to be a case by case issue.

were you able to configure the games and play smoothly on the gamecube controller?
Yes, it hasn't been a problem for me so far. I am pleasantly surprised how playable Galaxy 2 is in particular.

xsping

Big thanks for you,Aurelio, i test it on my full wii ,it works so great, and improved game and usb compatibility is obvious, but how to sync real wii remote in the wii game game,gc2mote is already disabled

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Big thanks for you,Aurelio, i test it on my full wii ,it works so great, and improved game and usb compatibility is obvious, but how to sync real wii remote in the wii game game,gc2mote is already disabled
In the game settings you also have to enable Bluetooth. Also right now wiimotes should be synced in the system menu; it is possible to sync them in games, but you will have to sync them again on every game boot.

xsping

In the game settings you also have to enable Bluetooth. Also right now wiimotes should be synced in the system menu; it is possible to sync them in games, but you will have to sync them again on every game boot.
Got it,thanks again, this system is a masterpiece for the portable wii

Thanks Aurelio! Super sick. I held off really getting started till this was released. Super hyped

I just tried installing this on a fresh 4.3e NAND made with ohneswanzenegger as my Wii did not have the required IOS and hacks were a bit messy.

After the fresh NAND install I used ModMiiSkin to hack the Wii then after I used Hackden Syscheck and everything checked out fine.

I then installed BBloader which seemed to install fine, I enabled Wifi and VGA. This was over a composite video cable.

After the install I tried using my VGA cable but there is no image on screen. Works fine with the old build.

If I use a component cable for the install, when installing is complete the Wii resets and there is no image on screen like expected.
But if I power cycle the Wii component video works again.

Also the homebrew channel is upsidedown after installing BBloader.

I see the title GCGames, but there are no games where I should have 1.

I see the Wii game I have installed but it fails to play. It just shows errors.

I cannot access the setting menu in BBloader.

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I just tried installing this on a fresh 4.3e NAND made with ohneswanzenegger as my Wii did not have the required IOS and hacks were a bit messy.

After the fresh NAND install I used ModMiiSkin to hack the Wii then after I used Hackden Syscheck and everything checked out fine.

I then installed BBloader which seemed to install fine, I enabled Wifi and VGA. This was over a composite video cable.

After the install I tried using my VGA cable but there is no image on screen. Works fine with the old build.

Also the homebrew channel is upsidedown after installing BBloader.

I see the title GCGames, but there are no games where I should have 1.

I see the Wii game I have installed but it fails to play. It just shows errors.

I cannot access the setting menu in BBloader.
That's odd, VGA has been confirmed working for many people. Make sure the installed priiloader says rBBL next to the version number.
The homebrew channel is upside down because even if WiFi is not patched out, the installed IOSes are still partially patched.
Seems like there might be incompatibility issues with your USB drive. Which one are you using?
Also what errors do you get when running Wii games?
There is no setting menu yet

Status
Not open for further replies.