BBLoader v1.3 - beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hi, this is my first comment/post on bitbuilt so bare with me. I am a user of portablizemii and i do have one concern. For N64, i noticed that some games run slow or crash all together if the textures are hard to process or emulate. I noticed this especially with Paper Mario N64 when I would try to play it, it would crash. The VC version on the Wii menu runs fine, but when I run the rom on the PM menu I have this problem. Now, with all that said, I know that this kind of thing can be fixed within emulators with settings adjusted but I don't have access to alot ofsettings that could fix this on the PM menu Wii64 settings. I was wondering, as a suggestion, if more texture settings could be accessable on the BBloader for if problems like this occur for other games.
I'll have to check if I can integrate emulator settings in BBLoader. For N64 games you should really use VC versions though, they generally work better. BBLoader still doesn't support VC titles, but it will soon.

I'm fairly sure during installation I mistakenly set the "Patch out Wifi" option to "No"... Now after trimming my board I see a "BBloader bootloader 00" screen when i power on, and it just hangs there. Obviously I haven't relocated the wifi, so am I right in assuming not having patched that out would prevent it from booting?

Is there a way for me to reinstall bbloader in it's current condition without me having to somehow wire up the Wifi to my trimmed board? I've tried holding L+R+Z on startup but that didn't bring up the safe menu.
I have already answered you on Discord, but I'll write it here as well for future people with the same issue. Right now there is no way to fix that without rewiring the WiFi module. I plan on implementing a recovery mode in the bootloader, but it will require a new install of BBLoader.

Thank you for the reply, I wrongfully assumed selecting "no" would just kick back to the home-brew menu. BBLoader boots in vWii and can start up a GameCube game via Nintendont. However, the current incompatibility with wiimote / wii accessories means the radial menu can't be switched to Wii and as a result I can't test the IOS patching on vWii. Perhaps there is a way to default loading to the Wii menu via a configuration file.

On a side note, there is no way to power off the console when BBLoader is launched on the vWii.
Open the file "/bbloader/config.cfg" and change "GCGamesView" into "WiiGamesView".
There is no way to power off the console because BBLoader is meant for portables with which we just shut off power.

Hello! I just installed BBloader in its latest version, and I noticed that in game cube games, when selecting a game that does not support progressive scan, the screen goes black. The image only appears if I press B in the game and force Progressive.
The same is true with games that ask if you want to activate progressive.
the game on black screen, until I confirm that I want to activate the progressive, just like that it presents the image ....
This is normal?
did anyone else notice this?

But one question, will I need the MX chip to run Virtual console games when BBloader supports them ???

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hello! I just installed BBloader in its latest version, and I noticed that in game cube games, when selecting a game that does not support progressive scan, the screen goes black. The image only appears if I press B in the game and force Progressive.
The same is true with games that ask if you want to activate progressive.
the game on black screen, until I confirm that I want to activate the progressive, just like that it presents the image ....
This is normal?
Yes this is normal. Some VGA screens don't support interlaced video, so unless you force Progressive Scan for games that don't have the ingame option, that will happen.

Yes this is normal. Some VGA screens don't support interlaced video, so unless you force Progressive Scan for games that don't have the ingame option, that will happen.

I appreciate the answer, I will try to change the firmware of my RTD2660 card, because I just used a similar card in another wii project, but it seems that the firmware of the two controllers is different ... Thanks !!

I've read that - as this is designed for portable you can't use Wiimote to turn on/off which is fine. But is there a way to play a Wii game with a Gamecube controller and return to the bbloader menu to select another game? I have to keep powering off then back on to change games.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I've read that - as this is designed for portable you can't use Wiimote to turn on/off which is fine. But is there a way to play a Wii game with a Gamecube controller and return to the bbloader menu to select another game? I have to keep powering off then back on to change games.
Not currently

eeze

Open the file "/bbloader/config.cfg" and change "GCGamesView" into "WiiGamesView".
There is no way to power off the console because BBLoader is meant for portables with which we just shut off power.
Unfortunately, BBLoader doesn't generate a config.cfg file unless some global setting is changed and with only a wiimote I can't access anything other than the gamecube specific settings (progressive/widescreen/language/etc) by pressing B. Are there any other menus accessible via a combo on the wiimote or can you upload a relatively default config.cfg file so I can modify it. Thank you!

For those who don't want the installer to prompt at every boot, you can disable the installer by deleting or changing the extension of installer.dol in "/apps/BBLoader/"

The quit game combo for nintendont (R+L+Z+Start) does not return to BBLoader when not installed as a menu replacement.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Unfortunately, BBLoader doesn't generate a config.cfg file unless some global setting is changed and with only a wiimote I can't access anything other than the gamecube specific settings (progressive/widescreen/language/etc) by pressing B. Are there any other menus accessible via a combo on the wiimote or can you upload a relatively default config.cfg file so I can modify it. Thank you!

For those who don't want the installer to prompt at every boot, you can disable the installer by deleting or changing the extension of installer.dol in "/apps/BBLoader/"

The quit game combo for nintendont (R+L+Z+Start) does not return to BBLoader when not installed as a menu replacement.
If it does not create the file then it's caused by compatibility issues with your USB drive.

The way the return to menu works requires bbloader to be installed and there's no workaround for that.

eeze

If it does not create the file then it's caused by compatibility issues with your USB drive.
The gamecube config files generated by BBLoader seem to create/save just fine, so I have no clue why the main BBLoader config wouldn't be compatible. I do have the Kingston adapter and a Samsung 256gb microsd on the way to test using your recommended setup. If anybody can post the basic structure of the config.cfg file I would appreciate it.

Hello! would it be possible for portabilizemii to have better USB compatibility than BBloader? I used a Sandisk and a Sony pendrive on my card with Portabilizemii, so I upgraded to BBloader and the screen freezes on the "BitBuilt" logo or when I select a game, I simply press A and freeze ...

dee098

Where can i find a list of games compatible with Hiidra? I have problems running : SOUE01 (Zelda - Skyward Sword).It is running fine in Dolphin but when it starts in Hiidra only green screen apare.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
@Aurelio a friend of mine commented yesterday to me, if it would be possible to do it on the bbloader, this scheme that already exists for the Wii emulator to be able to simulate the movements of Motion + on the controller and thus play Zelda Sky with normal controller.

http://alvanista.com/gamesseasons/posts/3719132-zelda-ss-configuracao-do-controle-motionplus
That's for Dolphin. GC2Wiimote right now doesn't support some motion control functions required to implement a similar thing

That's for Dolphin. GC2Wiimote right now doesn't support some motion control functions required to implement a similar thing
Thanks for the answer my dear, another question I tested Pandora's Tower and there was a bug, even though I mapped it to emulate the remote + nunchuck, when I am in the intro menu of the game he keeps asking to connect the nunchuk and does not let me enter the game.

i followed the instructions and now my wii wont boot correctly. it just says "GC games" in the top corner. is there a way to try reinstalling BBloader?
also homebrew channel is now upside down

Portables
Gamecube has a handle, right?
i followed the instructions and now my wii wont boot correctly. it just says "GC games" in the top corner. is there a way to try reinstalling BBloader?
also homebrew channel is now upside down
Your Wii is actually booting correctly. The "GC Games" screen is the default screen for BBLoader. Homebrew channel should be upside down, that's just a result of installing BBLoader.

Portables
VERY VERY STUPID QUESTION, but I installed the VGA patch for my Wii before i trim it, do i need a VGA cable to test if it works on my tv? because rn i have a wii to hdmi converter and it shows like a lot of green lines then the screen goes black and it repeats...

Portables
Gamecube has a handle, right?
VERY VERY STUPID QUESTION, but I installed the VGA patch for my Wii before i trim it, do i need a VGA cable to test if it works on my tv? because rn i have a wii to hdmi converter and it shows like a lot of green lines then the screen goes black and it repeats...
A Wii2HDMI expects a component signal, not a VGA one. You can either wire up VGA now or you can use composite until you do get around to wiring up VGA, but you won’t be able to use component cables or a Wii2HDMI unless you disable VGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.