BBLoader v1.3 - beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the description of your issues it seems like your USB drive got corrupted when you tried booting a Wii game. Try formatting it and copy stuff on it again

Hold L+R+Z and power the Wii on. After the bootloader test it should show a "safe menu" where you can select the option to run the installer again
I have detected that the usb format is in exfat, but I don't know how it has been changed. I keep trying to format the usb which won't let me in fat32.
I hold L + R + Z and turn on the Wii, but the menu does not appear, I will keep trying when I have the usb format solved.
Thank you

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I have detected that the usb format is in exfat, but I don't know how it has been changed. I keep trying to format the usb which won't let me in fat32.
I hold L + R + Z and turn on the Wii, but the menu does not appear, I will keep trying when I have the usb format solved.
Thank you
The menu can't appear if there are issues with the USB drive. Try using http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm to format your drive

Portables
Gamecube has a handle, right?
Is there a way to run BBLoader on a pc? Im dumb and cant figure it out.
Sadly no, there isn't. It's been designed to run on a Wii from the ground up, so it can't run on a computer without some heavy modification. Even if you could get it to run, it still doesn't contain the necessary code to fully emulate a Wii (which would be necessary for running Wii games on a computer).

I'm sorry to add more to this thread but I prepped my old wii with portabilze mii how would I go about cleaning out my wii and adding bbloader

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
I'm sorry to add more to this thread but I prepped my old wii with portabilze mii how would I go about cleaning out my wii and adding bbloader
Just download the installer and follow the instructions in the original post. The BBLoader installer will do the work replacing PortabilizeMii for you.
Just make sure that you read the original post for instructions and make the right selection regarding patching Wi-Fi and VGA.

Jod23

Hey,
First of i'd like to thank the devs of this amazing project, I've been trying to fix my wii for like 2 years, and in the past I tried a couple of times installing neek2o, then portabilisemii, but for both I was getting black screens on the wii. Uneek was a pain in the ass to install, and it was sad to see all the effort go to waste when nothing worked. I took a break from trying to fix my wii, but thankfully I saw this new bbloader project appear.

And it is most surprising to see how quick installing bbloader was. It only took a minute and everything was working on my 32gb SanDisk Cruzer. That's awesome! I was about to give up. Had this not worked, I would have gone to repair my wii's broken drive, and it would have cost me quite a lot (these wii dvd drives are expensive to ship to my country).

Now I just have 2 questions:
I have noticed that my mii data (my miis) is gone from my games. Is there any way too import said miis, or download some mii preset data from the internet (if such a thing even exists?)
Is there a way to import wii save data? Or perhaps download a wii save file from the internet (interested in wario ware smooth moves 100% to unlock multilplayer mini games)

Thank you again.

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hey,
First of i'd like to thank the devs of this amazing project, I've been trying to fix my wii for like 2 years, and in the past I tried a couple of times installing neek2o, then portabilisemii, but for both I was getting black screens on the wii. Uneek was a pain in the ass to install, and it was sad to see all the effort go to waste when nothing worked. I took a break from trying to fix my wii, but thankfully I saw this new bbloader project appear.

And it is most surprising to see how quick installing bbloader was. It only took a minute and everything was working on my 32gb SanDisk Cruzer. That's awesome! I was about to give up. Had this not worked, I would have gone to repair my wii's broken drive, and it would have cost me quite a lot (these wii dvd drives are expensive to ship to my country).

Now I just have 2 questions:
I have noticed that my mii data (my miis) is gone from my games. Is there any way too import said miis, or download some mii preset data from the internet (if such a thing even exists?)
Is there a way to import wii save data? Or perhaps download a wii save file from the internet (interested in wario ware smooth moves 100% to unlock multilplayer mini games)

Thank you again.
As of now BBLoader uses Wii's internal memory for Wii games data (saves, miis, whatever). I guess you can download savefiles online and use the copy save from SD feature of the system menu to do that.

hello everyone today!
today I have formatted the usb with guiformat, but the boot loader appears on the screen, I have also tried to format with other programs like Acronis, but always the same result.
If I try to boot by pressing the power and reset, no menu to reinstall appears, I have also tried with other 2 USB that I have, with the same result.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
hello everyone today!
today I have formatted the usb with guiformat, but the boot loader appears on the screen, I have also tried to format with other programs like Acronis, but always the same result.
If I try to boot by pressing the power and reset, no menu to reinstall appears, I have also tried with other 2 USB that I have, with the same result.
Issues go here and with the proper format: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/bbloader-issue-log-post-issues-here.3578/
If your drive is SanDisk it is not going to work most likely

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
Can I make a custom intro? like the gamecube intro or switch intro?
Also, I installed the latest version of bbloader, the wii games load fine, but the gamecube games don't show up.
I also can't seem to access the settings or any other option on the wheel other than gamecube and wii games.
And if I downloaded the gcmote configuration for a wii game, how do i apply it rather than doing it manually?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Status
Not open for further replies.