BBLoader v1.3 - beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Portables
Aurelio, does BBLoader support the Store 'n' Stay Nano USB 3.0 64 GB model?
1595710115340.png

I used it to install BBLoader and everything seemed to work correctly. The wii boots without the disk driver or wifi module and it boots directly into BBLoader to GC games menu. But, no games appear. I have tried reformatting the drive with guiformat with 32 kilobyte clusters. Below are the contents of the USB drive.
1595710752498.png

1595710792070.png

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Aurelio, does BBLoader support the Store 'n' Stay Nano USB 3.0 64 GB model?
View attachment 13296
I used it to install BBLoader and everything seemed to work correctly. The wii boots without the disk driver or wifi module and it boots directly into BBLoader to GC games menu. But, no games appear. I have tried reformatting the drive with guiformat with 32 kilobyte clusters. Below are the contents of the USB drive.
View attachment 13297
View attachment 13298
I don't know about that drive. Is that the GC version of the game? Is it named game.iso?

Hey sorry to bother you but I been wanting to build a Wii portable and wanted to ask if I install BBLoader on my Wii and then trimm and make it into a portable will I still be able to update it to the newest version.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hey sorry to bother you but I been wanting to build a Wii portable and wanted to ask if I install BBLoader on my Wii and then trimm and make it into a portable will I still be able to update it to the newest version.
Yes, updates will be as easy as replacing files.

Yes, updates will be as easy as replacing files.
So all I do is just replace files, sound great! Your doing a wonderful job bye the way. Thank for lifting that load off my chest I thought I might need to add a reset button so then it would update.

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
Is it possible to uninstall bbloader?
Kind of. Doing what Aurelio details here "uninstalls" BBLoader. Well, it effectively does it compared to what any lay person cares about. (The Wii will act normal, but BBLoader could be re-enabled as easily as changing the Autoboot again)
Hold reset while turning your Wii on to get in priiloader, go in Settings and set Autoboot to System Menu.

Think I did this install incorrectly. I followed the incomplete instruction set here for homebrew. and then of course the instruction here, and now I have home brew on my SD card and, best I can tell, have this software on a USB. Should both not exist on the single card due to the gboy having a single internal USB slot after completion?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Think I did this install incorrectly. I followed the incomplete instruction set here for homebrew. and then of course the instruction here, and now I have home brew on my SD card and, best I can tell, have this software on a USB. Should both not exist on the single card due to the gboy having a single internal USB slot after completion?
All you need is the USB. The SD card is required only for installing the homebrew channel through letterbomb.

This was my first try modding a Wii (just got the G-Boy kit) and installing BBLoader was fairly smooth. One thing I wasn't able to figure out though - is there a way to load Virtual Console games?

Portables
Gamecube has a handle, right?
There is not as of yet. It will likely be coming soon.

All you need is the USB. The SD card is required only for installing the homebrew channel through letterbomb.
I see, just attempted to boot without the SD card and it loaded just fine. So with that, I have BBLoader on the wrong USB device. Can I simply transfer the files to another stick and be okay?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I see, just attempted to boot without the SD card and it loaded just fine. So with that, I have BBLoader on the wrong USB device. Can I simply transfer the files to another stick and be okay?
Yes

This was my first try modding a Wii (just got the G-Boy kit) and installing BBLoader was fairly smooth. One thing I wasn't able to figure out though - is there a way to load Virtual Console games?
Virtual Console and Emulators, not yet supported by BBLoader, but from what I talked to Aurelio they will be in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.