Question BBLoader issues

Alvaro

Portables
I'm getting my wii prepped for trimming but im having some issues testing bbloader out. First my gamecube game isnt showing up and secondly my wii game launches and I loss signal to my monitor. I patched for vga and i disconnect my wii2hdmi to get the main menu of gc games but as soon as I try to launch like a wii game it goes no signal and nothing works to get it back. Ill attach my file structure. (Also sorry if this is the wrong section).

Attachments

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
To start, it looks like your structure for GameCube games is incorrect. As per the guide linked to in the FAQ the correct format is:
Code:
USB://
     games/
          Batman Begins/
               game.iso
          Game Description/
               game.iso
               disc2.iso
Quick reference
Gamecube:
USB:/games/Game Description/game.iso
After patching for VGA you'll need to short the enable pin, and you'll need to use composite. I believe that you can also unplug and replug the cable and component may work, but that's a situation I've never had so I don't remember 100%. Look around on other threads to fact-check that.

To verify though, you pick a game and your display then goes to no signal? You say you're using a monitor. There's a small chance it doesn't support the outputted resolution, but I'll let others chime in regarding the no signal issue.

Alvaro

Portables
To start, it looks like your structure for GameCube games is incorrect. As per the guide linked to in the FAQ the correct format is:

After patching for VGA you'll need to short the enable pin, and you'll need to use composite. I believe that you can also unplug and replug the cable and component may work, but that's a situation I've never had so I don't remember 100%. Look around on other threads to fact-check that.

To verify though, you pick a game and your display then goes to no signal? You say you're using a monitor. There's a small chance it doesn't support the outputted resolution, but I'll let others chime in regarding the no signal issue.
Yea I disconnect and connect to be to see the main menu but after trying to launch the wii game it goes no signal regardless if I disconnect and connect it. Same happens if I try to use the safe menu to get to system menu. As for my file structure whats wrong with it? I have "games" in the root then a "Game description" which is the Legend of Zelda folder and inside of it is an iso. Im structuring the wii iso right? Because it had to be split for fat32

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
Your GC game isos should literally be named "game.iso"

Alvaro

Portables
Your GC game isos should literally be named "game.iso"
Ahh that makes sense, I guess im just dumb. I will test gamecube Zelda and see if it outputs on my monitor.

Edit: Gamecube game worked successfully and displayed on screen. Could the split in wbfs file be why this wii game wont work?

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Your "issue" is caused by BBLoader booting in VGA mode and reactivating it when launching Hiidra for Wii games. To bypass this you need to disconnect the wii2hdmi BEFORE powering your Wii on, then plugging it back in after few seconds

Alvaro

Portables
Your "issue" is caused by BBLoader booting in VGA mode and reactivating it when launching Hiidra for Wii games. To bypass this you need to disconnect the wii2hdmi BEFORE powering your Wii on, then plugging it back in after few seconds
It worked! Thanks so much Aurelio! Im going to trim my wii soon

Edit: Classic controller emulation isnt working at all for some reason? Anyone know about gc2wiimote on classic controller extension? Also, there is no way to get to the bbloader home menu again without powering the console on and off?

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
It worked! Thanks so much Aurelio! Im going to trim my wii soon

Edit: Classic controller emulation isnt working at all for some reason? Anyone know about gc2wiimote on classic controller extension? Also, there is no way to get to the bbloader home menu again without powering the console on and off?
GC2Wiimote does no support classic controller emulation yet. I am slowly going through the whole TODO list. Also you can use Z+R+B+Down to go back to BBLoader from GC games, but there's no way to do that in Wii games yet.

Alvaro

Portables
GC2Wiimote does no support classic controller emulation yet. I am slowly going through the whole TODO list. Also you can use Z+R+B+Down to go back to BBLoader from GC games, but there's no way to do that in Wii games yet.
ahh i see. thanks for letting me know. fyi aurelio i would just like to just say i appreciate everything youve done along w everyone else! cant wait for the gboy to come so i can use this wii!